sharetrader
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    All markets should be shut down for at least a week, settle the nerves of the Lemmings.

why do so many outright capitalists cry 'Mummy' when the going gets tough.
    You of all peeps Couta should know that there will be some bargains to be had - or have you shot your load already
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    You of all peeps Couta should know that there will be some bargains to be had - or have you shot your load already
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeh that's how I mean it - in a ribbing jocular sort of way. I'm pretty sure Couta can take it.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Wait till it starts spreading person to person in N.Z., then you'll see something new and potentially far more ugly.
    First community spread in the states.
    Only a matter of time here
    Jacinda does not seem bothered about country to country spread and believes we are well-prepared .
    I beg to differ

Banned

Lol thinking of the poor Lemmings well being ain't crying Mummy, nah I love it when the going gets tough, I mean after all I was a sheep shearer and marathon runner in a former life.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    First community spread in the states.
    Only a matter of time here
    Jacinda does not seem bothered about country to country spread and believes we are well-prepared .
    I beg to differ
    Best to get lots of long life food supplies in so one is well stocked for any possible lockdown isn't it ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-02-2020 at 09:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Yeh that's how I mean it - in a ribbing jocular sort of way. I'm pretty sure Couta can take it.
    Haha for sure, didnt see this post.

Advanced Member

Best to get lots of long life food supplies in so one is well stocked for any possible lockdown isn't it ?
    Not sure if I agree.Population health regarding diabetes/heart disease disease was at its best when rationing was imposed WW2.
    I think dogfood could be short so am stocking up on that.Bought a new laptop today with a touch screen.Bought ammo,planted seeds and going fishing tomorrow to stock up.
    I have a feeling I could be busy
    Just a further thought if you are on longterm meds stock up as supply chains could get worse.
    Also if you are hypertensive theoretically losartan might reduce pneumonia rate in covid 19 No definite evidence yet but its a good choice anyway.
    Last edited by fish; 28-02-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Not sure if I agree.Population health regarding diabetes/heart disease disease was at its best when rationing was imposed WW2.
    I think dogfood could be short so am stocking up on that.Bought a new laptop today with a touch screen.Bought ammo,planted seeds and going fishing tomorrow to stock up.
    I have a feeling I could be busy
    Just a further thought if you are on longterm meds stock up as supply chains could get worse.
    Also if you are hypertensive theoretically losartan might reduce pneumonia rate in covid 19 No definite evidence yet but its a good choice anyway.
    Thanks for the heads up on the meds...might get another 3 months of my blood pressure meds and ask my doctor if I should get that losartan.
    Winner thinks we should get a haircut but I reckon a few people have had one already on the market this week

Thanks for the heads up on the meds...might get another 3 months of my blood pressure meds and ask my doctor if I should get that losartan.
    Winner thinks we should get a haircut but I reckon a few people have had one already on the market this week
    Too late maybe, Beagle.

Good friend went to see his doctor this week and he was rationed to 1 month of losartan - with no indication when new supplies are available. The word has obviously got out.

Seriously.