sharetrader
Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Gawd i hope couta's not swimming naked, tides going out
    Be Greedy when others are Fearful and Fearful when others are Greedy.

Its just a normal flu who cares if it hits NZ - death rates are the same as the normal one.

Advanced Member

Definately over bar any stimulus input, but central banks are running out of ammo. FTSE and Euro STOXX were down 3.5% overnight also.

Yesterday bought a large position in the Aussi Bear BBOZ on warrants market in anticipation of either Covid-19 US spreading or more Euro spreading. Also possibility of Pandemic being announced in very near future.

Had less than a week before closed out earlier BBOZ position with small loss after China stimulus & US earnings uplift. Missed the beginning of main Covid-19 downturn by 2 days by not holding on a bit longer.

As well as the ASX200 hedge, have bought F&P Healthcare as has demonstrated ongoing strength over last 1 1/2 months. Something to contribute to peoples health recovery.

Have also sold off my Heartland position at a loss (apart from dividend) to raise additional cash, even my 2 remaining bell-weather gentailers have been hit today also. Nothing seems immune at this point.

Had also much earlier raised cash levels to around 75%.

I'd say the BEAR market has begun (about a week later than I initially surmised)

Be very careful out there folks, especially you Couta with all that A2 & HLG!
    Last edited by Davexl; 28-02-2020 at 11:35 AM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    Its times like these where I wonder if I should sell some now or ideally before now and then try time a buy back when i guess price is near bottom. Like AIR NZ etc
    Ideally, you figure out what you are going to do in times like this before you get to times like this. Not a good idea to make reactive decisions, your emotions will likely lead you to the wrong decision.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Schrodinger View Post
    Its just a normal flu who cares if it hits NZ - death rates are the same as the normal one.
    Actually a lot less than the normal strains but the scare mongers conveniently evade that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Gawd i hope couta's not swimming naked, tides going out
    Yes a timely reminder that anyone using leverage at present should have a good look at the poll result which is very confronting, (as I suspected it would be and is the key reason I started this thread), and rethink their strategy and get more conservative, very quickly.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Ideally, you figure out what you are going to do in times like this before you get to times like this. Not a good idea to make reactive decisions, your emotions will likely lead you to the wrong decision.
    And follow your own convictions and Gutometer not the noise on here. Lol

Yeah cheers. Not having a mass sell, but any selloff contributes to the greater reaction lol ...

Quote Originally Posted by madmat View Post
    Yeah cheers. Not having a mass sell, but any selloff contributes to the greater reaction lol ...
    Don't worry about anyone else, save yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Whoops replied to you as a standard reply without the Quotes :X Just with AIR I guess there is more to come and if im in the Red now might as well call it quits, and cash it in. Put it elsewhere, hold or re enter when i feel its right. I may save 10% or a may miss out but I think its heading to $2 or below (My gut feeling)