sharetrader
Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A whole lot more people with common sense just arrived.
    As long as they are well equipped....

Attachment 11125
    Last edited by Leftfield; 15-03-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A whole lot more people with common sense just arrived.
    No...the dog's nose for B.S. gave a reading off the charts and when it does that its NEVER wrong. 24 hours ago with heaps of exposure and most on here having taken the opportunity to already vote and discuss this subject matter at great length, there were ~ 1900 votes after 14 days and voting numbers had slowed dramatically in the last few days which indicated almost everyone on here had already voted. I day later there are 3692 votes, nearly double the number. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Apart from that Crackity sent me a screen shot with the numbers all garbled. He suggested tongue in cheek that maybe it was the Russians who had hacked it lol

Sell the dead snow cat bounce tomorrow mate. Might be the last off ramp before the bitter depths of a protracted deep recession kick in.
    Might be colder than Siberia this winter in N.Z. Speaking of Siberia, did you enjoy your trip there of your own volition in the last few days
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-03-2020 at 06:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    that huge rally like 6 - 7% in the us indexes in the last 30 mins was nothing more than a short squeeze done by computers
    Hmmm ... Margin calls..Life can be a bitch.

Oh Dear I can't stop laughing..Thanks LF that cartoon is an absolute classic....HAW HAW HAW..he he cough cough
    Last edited by Hoop; 15-03-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No...the dog's nose for B.S. gave a reading off the charts and when it does that its NEVER wrong. 24 hours ago with heaps of exposure and most on here having taken the opportunity to already vote and discuss this subject matter at great length, there were ~ 1900 votes after 14 days and voting numbers had slowed dramatically in the last few days which indicated almost everyone on here had already voted. I day later there are 3692 votes, nearly double the number. That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Apart from that Crackity sent me a screen shot with the numbers all garbled. He suggested tongue in cheek that maybe it was the Russians who had hacked it lol

Sell the dead snow cat bounce tomorrow mate. Might be the last off ramp before the bitter depths of a protracted deep recession kick in.
    Might be colder than Siberia this winter in N.Z. Speaking of Siberia, did you enjoy your trip there of your own volition in the last few days
    I will be spending more self appointed time in Siberia over the next while, this place is currently no good for ones head or soul.

Banned

Who the hell see the companies will do go this year? Must be still in denial....those that vote no 3....

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Who the hell see the companies will do go this year? Must be still in denial....those that vote no 3....
    Hard to argue with that.

This twitter is frightening stuff
    https://twitter.com/ballouxfrancois/...779841537?s=21

Conclusion -
    Health and the economy are closely linked. The correlation between per-capita GDP and health (life expectancy) is essentially perfect. If the covid-19 pandemic leads to a global economy collapse, many more lives will be lost than covid-19 would ever be able to claim. (12/12)
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Government talks to business ...trouble is they only talk to big business ...the small and medium sized businesses (collectively a big employer) who are most exposed and will have the largest relative impact will be ignored and made to suffer
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Government talks to business ...trouble is they only talk to big business ...the small and medium sized businesses (collectively a big employer) who are most exposed and will have the largest relative impact will be ignored and made to suffer
    I agree..they consider they have talked to small business by talking to xero...

In response to a number of PM's and emails about where to park your money that's safe while we ride out the bear market, I will not offer an opinion but will simply tell you what I am doing for anyone else interested. (Actions speak louder than words anyway).
    Today I made a significant investment in Kiwibonds which are Govt issue. More information here. https://debtmanagement.treasury.govt.nz/kiwi-bonds
    After hand delivering my application to Computershare at 159 Hurstmere road in Takapuna Auckland I popped down the road to the TSB Bank https://www.tsb.co.nz/ at 2 Hurstmere road Takapuna and opened an account.

One interesting aspect to Kiwibonds is you can ask for early redemption after 1 month, either partially in amounts of not less than $1,000 or fully (but read the PDS as there is an early withdrawal fee) so if there's some light at the end of this tunnel earlier than expected you can get your money back earlier to take advantage of other opportunities. Normally with bank term deposits you might have to prove hardship or will get a haircut on the interest rate.

I genuinely believe we are going into a very deep long lasting recession and these actions are designed to weather the storm and come out the other side with funds intact. In the current environment, and that which I perceive will endure for the foreseeable future, my approach is the return OF your money is the paramount consideration not the return ON your money.

(Disclaimer - Not intended to be advice, no responsibility accepted whatsoever).
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine