sharetrader
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

thats pretty extreme Beag's but hey I guess you're known for your strong views.

but I would like to correct something about the redemption. You may not mean to but you imply that the interest rate will not be penalised by the early redemption. It will be.

While I stand corrected about earlier comments I made on the effects of coronavirus I take heart by what I've just read from John Ryder, that life goes on, investing goes on and the way to make money is to buy
    undervalued assets but make sure you are a strong holder
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Yes the early withdrawal fee is a reduction in interest rate but can also amount to a reduction in principle in certain situations. Computershare staff were unable to give exacting calculations for examples of theoretical withdrawal situations I proposed so its better not to go there in terms of early withdrawal, or if you do, keep it to a modest partial amount.

Mate I'm sticking with my view that almost every stock gets cheaper for the foreseeable future. I have avoided a ton of grief by forming that view over a month ago. A beagle always follows its own nose
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Computershare staff were unable to give exacting calculations for examples of theoretical withdrawal situations I proposed so its better not to go there in terms of early withdrawal, or if you do, keep it to a modest partial amount.

There are examples in the PDS

Mate I'm sticking with my view that almost every stock gets cheaper for the foreseeable future. I have avoided a ton of grief by forming that view over a month ago. A beagle always follows its own nose
    Yes you've certainly been right on a lot of calls so you do have bragging rights!
    I probably would've bought more for the long term portfolio by now if it wasn't for respecting your opinion.

Very kind of you to say but nobody is always right so who knows, maybe I am playing this too conservatively. US Futures limit down at the moment so anything can happen and probably will Yeah I read those two examples in the PDS...still not crystal clear.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Just dropping this in here:

https://www.ccn.com/warren-buffett-i...rket-massacre/

A couple of interesting comments.

"Goldman Sachs analyst Peter Oppenheimer said this bear market is “event driven” due to the coronavirus trigger. As such, it should recover faster than structural bear markets like 2008."

"Jim Paulsen, chief investment strategist at the Leuthold Group, is also starting to “nip away at stocks on these down days.” Speaking on CNBC’s Squawk Box, he said:
    I don’t know where the bottom is here, I think we’re close to it though, I really do. This thing just oozes panic to me. The ferociousness and speed at which stocks have fallen and now bond yields, looks more like the end of a colossal panic than the beginning."

I have far too little experience to be able to make a judgement call on whether these opinions are correct or not, I'll leave that to other more experienced investors.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Just dropping this in here:

https://www.ccn.com/warren-buffett-i...rket-massacre/

A couple of interesting comments.

"Goldman Sachs analyst Peter Oppenheimer said this bear market is “event driven” due to the coronavirus trigger. As such, it should recover faster than structural bear markets like 2008."

"Jim Paulsen, chief investment strategist at the Leuthold Group, is also starting to “nip away at stocks on these down days.” Speaking on CNBC’s Squawk Box, he said:
    I don’t know where the bottom is here, I think we’re close to it though, I really do. This thing just oozes panic to me. The ferociousness and speed at which stocks have fallen and now bond yields, looks more like the end of a colossal panic than the beginning."

I have far too little experience to be able to make a judgement call on whether these opinions are correct or not, I'll leave that to other more experienced investors.
    It may be event driven but to think it won’t have a structural type recovery is crystal ball gazing. It will depend on how long this lasts given the dominos have the potential to cause more harm in the long term although if shorter duration the potential for a quicker recovery is there.

My concern is it’s been toppy for a long time and overdue correction.

No nibbling from me, not while this is in play.

Advanced Member

Yes the early withdrawal fee is a reduction in interest rate but can also amount to a reduction in principle in certain situations. Computershare staff were unable to give exacting calculations for examples of theoretical withdrawal situations I proposed so its better not to go there in terms of early withdrawal, or if you do, keep it to a modest partial amount.

Is the interest rate still 1%

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I think it would be zero on any early withdrawal instigated from any deposits made after today OOPS I read your question wrong
    Last edited by peat; 16-03-2020 at 03:46 PM. Reason: respond to Ratkin

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    That is the reason I hand delivered my application. It was when I dropped in my application just before noon. Could change at any time though.

Advanced Member

That is the reason I hand delivered my application. It was when I dropped in my application just before noon. Could change at any time though.
    Can you get them through a bank or on market or do you need to go through computershare