sharetrader
Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Can you get them through a bank or on market or do you need to go through computershare
    Theoretically they are tradeable but is there any secondary market ?...I don't think so. Best to call Computershare and discuss options with them. Ask to speak with Jeanette, she's very knowledgeable.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2020 at 03:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

1% is pretty good for AA+ (S+P) or Aaa (Moody's) rating.

if you look at the fixed rate sheet you will see other NZ bonds going for half that.
    Last edited by peat; 16-03-2020 at 04:00 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Theoretically they are tradeable but is there any secondary market ?...I don't think so. Best to call Computershare and discuss options with them. Ask to speak with Jeanette, she's very knowledgeable.
    Will wait and see what Jacindas battle plan involves tomorrow. Probably too late to sort it today. Getting the old music on the end of the line.
    Have to be some buying opportunities close by, just need to hold nerve a bit longer. But would not mind squirraling a bit more away that at least can be sure of getting back, well 99.99% sure

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Will wait and see what Jacindas battle plan involves tomorrow. Probably too late to sort it today. Getting the old music on the end of the line.
    Have to be some buying opportunities close by, just need to hold nerve a bit longer. But would not mind squirraling a bit more away that at least can be sure of getting back, well 99.99% sure
    I got my head around the low rate by thinking of it like the foundations to your house. A nice secure foundation undergirding the rest of your portfolio. If the storm passes through more quickly than expected, (I really hope it does), you can ask for your money back early and get into some bargains on the market. Remember though, that Bear markets usually last about 10-11 months and this one has just started !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    1% is pretty good for AA+ (S+P) or Aaa (Moody's) rating.

if you look at the fixed rate sheet you will see other NZ bonds going for half that.
    That's my view on it too. They also pass the "do you sleep well at night with some of these" test

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    That's my view on it too. They also pass the "do you sleep well at night with some of these" test
    but I'd still rather get 2.5% from Westpac, ANZ or Rabobank and Heartland. OKay maybe not Heartland. But I agree that for those completely wishing to avoid risk (other than our sovereign risk) Kiwibonds are a satisfactory instrument.

I have a whole lot coming off TD's from Rabo in the next fortnight. I was getting 3.8%
    Last edited by peat; 16-03-2020 at 04:27 PM.

but I'd still rather get 2.5% from Westpac, ANZ or Rabobank and Heartland. OKay maybe not Heartland. But I agree that for those completely wishing to avoid risk (other than our sovereign risk) Kiwibonds are a satisfactory instrument.

I have a whole lot coming off TD's from Rabo in the next fortnight. I was getting 3.8%
    And the funny thing is that six months ago you would have laughed your head off at me getting that amount and now you're opting for 1. I understand why but isn't it amazing how sentiments change and how quickly.

So you get a net extra 1% after tax with one of the banks for the extra risk. Hmmm I am curious mate, do you think that's enough return for the extra risk or is one better off in one of the beaten down REIT's or utilities ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2020 at 05:09 PM.

And the funny thing is that six months ago you would have laughed your head off at me getting that amount and now you're opting for 1. I understand why but isn't it amazing how sentiments change and how quickly.
    Grizzly Bears can run surprisingly quickly. The key to avoid a savage mauling is to run even quicker !
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2020 at 04:59 PM.

The US futures where way down indicating a down day when the markets opens tomorrow, so why today on the NZX are all the US smartshare ETF's way up?