sharetrader
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    HGH is up about 17% from its low of the day!
    Hindsight is always 20/20. What's it going to be 2 months from now if we get community virus spread and everyone is in lockdown That's the $64,000 question !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20. What's it going to be 2 months from now if we get community virus spread and everyone is in lockdown That's the $64,000 question !
    Better yet, what's it going to be tomorrow or any other day this week!?

Banks and finance companies don't do well in a global financial crisis which is why I got out at an average of ~ $1.80 several weeks ago. I think the new trend is quite clear but obviously daily macerations of the share price are another thing.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    The share markets typically look 6 months ahead
    and what does that tell you then as the market simply does not know.

Guru

Gold is worth looking at

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    and what does that tell you then as the market simply does not know.
    Who does? Assumption: AITMOAC
    https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...or+17+Mar+2020

Listen. If you can’t take a loss then investing in individual companies will be depressing

I’ve taken a 10000$ Loss when I first started investing (over an embarrassing 6 month period of blindly buying hype)and have made that plus a lot more back

Taking those losses taught me the important of realising this game requires losses to be taken . If you want define yourself risk and enter with a stop loss and sleep at night

Losing 1000$ and making 5000$ is probably the best way to make money most of the time
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 17-03-2020 at 09:01 PM.

IMO

It is essential to learn to accept losses, bail , learn and move on.How many folks that have had a trade that has turned into a long neglected hold simply because they couldnt bear taking a loss.Ive done it.

If you cant crystallise a loss you shouldn't be doing it at all. You will turn into one of those people who will make a million from losing two.

I know this thread is about companies, but does anyone have any comments/advice on which funds might be good buying right now?

IMO

Until the virus passes its peak in USA ( how many months) for one id be very careful about investing in anything.Just my opinion.Trading or shorting is something else and not my thing although i have some BBOZ which is bit of a roller coaster.