sharetrader
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

No crystal ball here but we do know there is going to be big infrastructure spending. Maybe more than the $12B announced and / or spending brought forward. STU is my pick.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    BBOZ is like russian roullette...black or red....crazy and you hardly pick up whether the market is up or down. US down, OZ might up...vice versa. Crazy....
    Volitility....doesnt listen to rational

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its okay... I learned as a 3 year old that if you put your hand on the stove and it gets burned, don't put the other one on there as well...a lesson not easily forgotten lol
    some do forget........................All our thoughts and instincts are governed by our environment
    Its the backdrop....if that environment backdrop is still the raging Bull market ,if that is what is being compared to ,that may need some readjustment ....It works the other way also,but Im not sure we are far enough into it yet(where people start thinking there is no hope).....but ,who knows for sure....................Guess the key here is that the virus doesnt get loose in any retirement homes....that its gets cointained....but unlike some shares,retirement homes are more closely related to this situation(like airlines,until its run its course......................Lets just hope its not like Italy where its looking like its going to have to run through the population to achieve Herd immunity
    Last edited by skid; 19-03-2020 at 09:48 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    BBOZ is like russian roullette...black or red....crazy and you hardly pick up whether the market is up or down. US down, OZ might up...vice versa. Crazy....
    Sure is, lucky i got in early @$8.83 currently $15.50 plus so i have a cushion and can ride the trend.Im not buying anymore.

• "A 1% fall in the Australian share market on a given day can generally be expected to deliver a 2.0% to 2.75% increase in the value of the Fund (and vice versa)"

Last edited by Joshuatree; 19-03-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Looks like a lot of the price targets will get hit today
    But will they pull the trigger??

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    But will they pull the trigger??
    do you mean the market will be halted?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Manukatana View Post
    do you mean the market will be halted?
    No. It was in response to people's price targets on various stocks being hit. Market still highly uncertain, volatile and dropping - so question was even if an individual share price gets to someones price 'target', will they actually buy in the situation - given it could well be lower very soon.

I see a bit of potential in various stocks, but still very risk-adverse and most definitely keeping my powder dry in the meantime. Rather buy on an upswing at a higher price than have to endure further lows.

Guru

I know alot have talked about buying shares cheap.............But Im finding the drop in Gold a bit of a mystery....My only guess is that many are having to sell to pay off stock debts?.....It is one of the few things that tempt me at this stage.................Im no expert but once the panic dust settles just a bit ...It seems logical that it could appreciate considerably...(although the low dollar atm is kind of a spanner in the works)

How on earth are CEN and NWF down so heavily? Even TLT is down. Makes no sense to me. Alternative energy should be performing well at the moment I would have thought.

Banned

Yes...I was assessing the current..this selling is totally panic selling.

Why I said so....many kiwis saw bad news..share market down..then they are all flocking to change their funds to cash or conservative fund.

Many newbies bought at the peak..as our return in interest are pretty bad during last couple years...

So....yeahh