sharetrader
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Thanks RB, I wont be around for a while on here as my wife is going to change my password and of course you need the old password to change it back which I wont have, she can be a tough taskmaster and wont be letting me know the new one until she's thinks I should have it, happy stargazing.
    That sounds like a complicated system hope it helps. And happy star gazing to you too. I am waiting for my 12” to arrive as the stars are my happy place at the moment. Just hope it arrives before we are locked down

As far as buying on the way down, most of us will not have deep deep pockets. So the old saying is that markets can remain illogical longer than we can remain solvent.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    As far as buying on the way down, most of us will not have deep deep pockets. So the old saying is that markets can remain illogical longer than we can remain solvent.
    So true......

Don't think many of us on here have leveraged positions though. Perhaps that well known saying should be the market can remain illogical longer the we can remain sane lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.rnz.co.nz/audio/player?audio_id=2018739149

Blis Probiotics CEO on Radio New Zealand saying they’re looking at employing more staff and running double shifts in an effort to keep up with current demand.

Advanced Member

Does not matter how deep your pockets are, standing in front of a moving bus is never ok.
    At least use a stochastic or RSI indicator, anything that shows the bus has put the brakes on.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Okay so here is my Christmas list assuming a deep bear market all year and my indicative target prices
    AIR 75 cents (gosh you say, it couldn't happen, oh yes it can, history suggests this is a pure cyclical and has been there before more than once)
    ATM $8 (has been there before, massive hype built into the current stretched PE)
    ARG $1 (still trading at a solid premium to NTA, looking for a 20 - 25% discount to NTA)
    ARV $1 (had a huge run and a large retracement is quite possible)
    BRM 35 cents (would buy all day long if this got down there)
    GNE $2 (ditto above)
    GMT $1.40 (As for ARG I would want a 20-25% discount to NTA)
    HGH $1 (Things get ugly for Bank's in a bear market - I'd need to be snooping, (you see what I did there Snoopy) around there to think I'd got a real bargain)
    HLG $2.70 (nothing sweeter than a repeater), bought up large last time it was there a few years ago.
    KFL $1 (Whole market to come back at least 30-40% and quite possibly more)
    MEL $3 (Buy all day at that price).
    MLN 60 cents (40% retracement in US markets would be nice, they're certainly not on as stretched metrics as the NZX, nowhere near)
    OCA 80 cents (20% discount to NTA)
    RYM $7 (No real case for them being on such a massive PE premium to the rest of the sector...needs a real bashing for me to be interested)
    SUM $4 (Julian is now on my naughty list so I'll need a 20% discount to NTA)
    MET $3.50 (inept management and imminent takeover failure, needs to be half NTA to get me interested)
    THL 90 cents. (Serious trouble here but a massive restructuring and selldown of the fleet might see them escape chapter 11 in the USA and administration here provided they get some Govt support like AIR desperately need)
    Caveat, anything bought would have to have shown some (at least modest TA buy signal) before I would dip my paws in the water.
    Quite a few more have been hit today Beagle. THL, SUM, HGH. Have you bought? and the likes of MLN, Air and RYM etc are getting close. I am guessing you have not apart form the small purchase of OCA, as you said that some TA buy signals would have had to have been in place first.
    Last edited by blackcap; 23-03-2020 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Quite a few more have been hit today Beagle. THL, SUM, HGH. Have you bought? and the likes of MLN, Air and RYM etc are getting close. I am guessing you have not apart form the small purchase of OCA, as you said that some TA buy signals would have had to have been in place first.
    I am watching HGH (and SKL also) closely, but not hitting the button yet. Even if I did it would be a small order at this uncertain stage of the game.

I wouldn't be touching THL with a barge pole, they were in serious difficulties long before covid-19 hit us. Beagle has also updated the above list to say he's no longer interested, I believe.
    Last edited by oldtech; 23-03-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

THL will go bankrupt

Guru

I commented on the THL balance sheet on another thread a few days ago. It does not inspire confidence. I can see them going under.