sharetrader
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Good bounce back today. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/119...es-its-jitters

Dead cat bounce?
    Last edited by Manukatana; 03-03-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manukatana View Post
    Good bounce back today. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/119...es-its-jitters

Dead cat bounce?
    Has to be surely, unless the virus fizzles out. China slowly going back to work, but if you jump in now you have to believe there will be no Pandemic, and that is looking increasingly unlikely. Could be last chance to escape the market, although it could carry on another day or Two I guess. A lot of relief in this rally but it could be built on straw

If you believe that RBNZ will cut the OCR and that the economy faces more challenges in the future then it would be hard to look past dividend paying counter-cyclicals.

Started to buy IFT yesterday. Out of Cash.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by horus1 View Post
    Started to buy IFT yesterday. Out of Cash.
    Cough. Cough.

Advanced Member

Looking increasingly like toilet paper could be a good investment

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Looking increasingly like toilet paper could be a good investment
    There was a run on toilet and tissue paper here in HK. The shops were fully restocked within a week of the initial run and have remained so since.

Current indications are that China is slowly returning to normal as the number of new cases continues to decline. HK is also resuming some things that were shut when there was fear of this turning into a full blow pandemic.

I got my buys in at the market low on Monday around lunchtime....got my list filled at basement prices...needless to say, up just over 7% in 2 days....however, I am not planning on holding AIR, that was just a very nice wee fill so I may take my profits on it and enjoy the wee bonus. For me, I have bought into the impact of COVID-19 but not the panic (which far exceeds SARS) and even the market panic following 9/11 and the anthrax scares....so I am off to wash my hands with warm soapy water, cover my sneezes and coughs, and shake ankles...the hop on a discount flight to somewhere (and NOT flying Qantas - have you seen how dirty their aircraft are....I was shocked on my recent trip - just days before Corona took a turn for the adventurous).

I will be looking out for good prices on ports (AIA POT SPN), horticulture (SEK FWL TGG) and aged/child care (ARV OCA EVO).

Quote Originally Posted by turnip View Post
    I will be looking out for good prices on ports (AIA POT SPN), horticulture (SEK FWL TGG) and aged/child care (ARV OCA EVO).
    Like the idea of POT, SEK, ARV, OCA, HGH, PLX, NWF, NZX, AIA, RBD, a few others with signs of good dividend and future growth potential.

My thoughts are to a less than favourable end to March with a substantial increase in cases, sanctions and locked travel options.

Going to be nice and uncertain for some time to come.

I think the CoronaVirus may affect the economy too... ⚖🔥🔥

Sounds reassuring