sharetrader
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Guru

Exclamation AMP to IPO in 2019

Who would be interested in this as Im picking that once the AMP name is no longer part of this "new " company even though the AMP "name' now is tainted, who will direct this company.
    IMO the IPO financials would have to be very compelling to partake unless the numbers were so attractive one couldn't resist, personally I cannot see this happening as Im picking that AMP would want to gut the new operation in order to try and recap its surviving Aust business.

The Funds Management is a mine field business to say the least, too many conflicts of interest here IMO .
    Last edited by whatsup; 26-10-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: additional comment.

I'd rather buy FBU - they've done as lot less damage to shareholders over the years than AMP has.

Guru

I believe the unit will have operating earnings of about $40M

You won’t see me anywhere near it

Veteran novice

It depends largely on who will be managing the "new" company and how much of the old AMP business it retains. At least it will probably be the only purely funds management company listed on the NZX.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

AMP already listed on NZX: https://www.nzx.com/companies/AMP
    om mani peme hum

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    And will presumably remain - for the Australian side of the business.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    and to think that when AMP floated all those years ago it hit over $40 today it hit $2.50 !! now that's wealth destruction in a massive way !!!!

It's a poor business to have listed, both from a market and client perspective.

The fiduciary obligations of a financial advisor will inevitably come into conflict with the imperative for the company to maximise profits for shareholders. I would be very wary of using the wealth management services of a company who i knew were beholden to maximise quarterly earnings, at the expense of my long term financial wellbeing.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    It's a poor business to have listed, both from a market and client perspective.

The fiduciary obligations of a financial advisor will inevitably come into conflict with the imperative for the company to maximise profits for shareholders. I would be very wary of using the wealth management services of a company who i knew were beholden to maximise quarterly earnings, at the expense of my long term financial wellbeing.
    But the fortunes of a funds management company are closely linked with their performance on behalf of clients and shareholders. Poor performance results in an outflow of clients' funds - and vice versa - as fluctuations in the SP's of Australian listed funds managers has shown over recent years.