sharetrader
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    With the lockdown we are looking at a softer landing on our Healthcare resources...
    Lockdowns are a short term stopgap solution unfortunately and, as Italy is showing, may not even be effective. South Korea model is the only way forwards that isn't economically crippling. We'll just have to scale our testing capability before the tidal wave hits us.

Advanced Member

I will say the road toll and criminal acts will come down in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I will say the road toll and criminal acts will come down in the next few weeks.
    Road toll - yes.

Criminal acts - not sure.
    • some new criminal acts around people can offend against (like breaking the lock down conditions) - and they do.
    • plenty more unemployed people with lots of time on their hands ...
    • a paradise for hackers ... lots of people accessing interesting data (company networks) from hardly secured (home) networks ...
    • family violence started already to soar ... victims of abusers are now 24/7 locked up with them.

I give you, though that the character of criminal offences is likely to change. We will see, whether it is an improvement.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

As the $NZ is dropping we should be looking to export more products and hopefully attract overseas companies to set up here,creating new jobs is going to be vital

I wonder if someone could calculate the number of lives that will be saved due to air pollution decreasing.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I wonder if someone could calculate the number of lives that will be saved due to air pollution decreasing.
    I doubt it. However there will be a few wild guesses.

IMO

Did you see this guys?
    NASA images: China's air pollution decreased amid ...www.cnbc.com › 2020/03/02 › nasa-images-chinas-air-pollution-decr...

Guru

New ways do do things faster,more accurately,cheaper
    Spinnaker
    Volpara
    Ubiquitome

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bet...he-coronavirus

Guru

Flexible transport apps for essential services
    https://ridewithvia.com/news/
    Last edited by kiora; 01-04-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Accelerated increase in capability of virology and health management. In a similar way that HIV research now is directly contributing to viable cancer treatments we can probably expect that global focused research and prioritisation of a vaccine for this illness will have spin-off benefits in the application of viral genetics for cure and treatment of a range of other existing illnesses.
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes