sharetrader
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Banned

Can not do a tax break...the crown needs revenue. It is easier to borrow n pay low interest n do a hand out so economy can recover faster.

But.... problem with hand out ... people is always crying poor....greed..

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    New vaccine also ready to be rolled out by Oxford scientist..so goodbye corona!
    Well, just in case you missed it - they talk about earliest autumn - and this is Northern hemisphere autumn. At least 6 months to go.

Trump and the dumbest of his followers yelling for Corona infections will only need one more month to turn the US like Spain, Italy or France into a huge morgue, but this might be actually good news. These rallies inevitably will spread the virus and I assume its mainly Trump supporters going there.

Social distancing in Trumpland: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/18/u...y-at-home.html
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Can not do a tax break...the crown needs revenue. It is easier to borrow n pay low interest n do a hand out so economy can recover faster.

But.... problem with hand out ... people is always crying poor....greed..
    True. But it is big corporations that will collect the majority of bailout money, thousands of small businesses and people who have invested in property and the like that will go to the wall. Last time they bailed out AirNZ for example put other small national carriers under because they couldn’t compete with a taxpayer funded loss making entity.

Ok so jacinda has (by the looks of it) steered us out of the nightmares of this virus,and I think most people will agree that she has done a good job.
    But a little like churchill after WW2 is she the right person going forward,remember her ministers have shown themselves to be pretty inept,and the financial rebuild is something we can't afford to get wrong.Is it time for John Key to step up again?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Crypto Crude View Post
    I hope your bloody joking about John Key who would sell out the country for alittle money in his pocket not a worry...
    cc
    We agree on something.
    The idea that JK would steer us out of here is just a joke.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Ok so jacinda has (by the looks of it) steered us out of the nightmares of this virus,and I think most people will agree that she has done a good job.
    But a little like churchill after WW2 is she the right person going forward,remember her ministers have shown themselves to be pretty inept,and the financial rebuild is something we can't afford to get wrong.Is it time for John Key to step up again?
    Easy to cast aspersions with such sweeping statements as 'all her ministers have shown themselves to be pretty inept'.

But as well as Jacinda Adern who has shown herself to be an outstanding leader, ministers like Grant Robertson, Andrew Little, David Parker, Chris Hipkins & Tracey Martin from NZF are all exceptionally dedicated, informed & highly competent ministers. Don't mean to exclude others, but those are just my picks.

I like John Key but unfortunately a lot of indicators (housing, income inequality, health, infrastructure, loss of valuable people in public sector, ballooning dependence & costs in private consultancy, transparency etc) were going in the wrong direction by the end of National's last term. Even Simon Bridges acknowledges & disassociates himself from some of those failings now.

Guru

"Coronavirus: 'Cartels are scrambling' as Covid-19 hits global drug trade"
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/121121...bal-drug-trade

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Easy to cast aspersions with such sweeping statements as 'all her ministers have shown themselves to be pretty inept'.

But as well as Jacinda Adern who has shown herself to be an outstanding leader, ministers like Grant Robertson, Andrew Little, David Parker, Chris Hipkins & Tracey Martin from NZF are all exceptionally dedicated, informed & highly competent ministers. Don't mean to exclude others, but those are just my picks.

I like John Key but unfortunately a lot of indicators (housing, income inequality, health, infrastructure, loss of valuable people in public sector, ballooning dependence & costs in private consultancy, transparency etc) were going in the wrong direction by the end of National's last term. Even Simon Bridges acknowledges & disassociates himself from some of those failings now.
    Well said Blue Skies. Many of the MPs have done an excellent job over the last couple of months; NZF and Green MPs included IMHO.

Banned

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326015

Rich people are flowing to NZ...that will make our assests even higher!

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12326015

Rich people are flowing to NZ...that will make our assests even higher!
    Why?