sharetrader
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think if working from home becomes the norm, working hours will increase. I say this because most people think you're not working if you're working from home. Bad employers will use this to crack the whip, and employees generally will have a fear of this perception, especially if the culture is defined through a period of recession in which people are frightened of losing their jobs.

A big positive for the central banks is that they will be able to cover up one of the biggest frauds in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    A big positive for the central banks is that they will be able to cover up one of the biggest frauds in history.
    About which of their many shortcomings are we talking, Blue?

One place that has been extremely buoyant of late is right here at the sharetrader forums. Things are happening so fast that I can barely keep up with every relevant post. This is my first comment, but I've been visiting these boards for a long time, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your contributions, whether positive, negative or somewhere in between. The collective wisdom and insight that has been so generously given on this site has helped me to form a greater realisation of the market "truth" and to inform my next moves. I think it puts everyone in this community (who is willing to open themselves to all advice) at the front of the curve and that has to be a positive thing. Once again, sincerely, thank you.
    Oh, and apparently the warehouse has sold out of jigsaw puzzles...

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, these baby boomers have their uses!

They sure do!

I am always in awe of how well they can fix things. I'm only good with computers unfortunately.

Value investors and value funds will look for quality businesses that they can buy at a significant discount to fair value globally. As value investor Shelby Davis observed: “You make most of your money in a bear market”

Positive for jehovah's witness.So many people at home to visit

Road toll should come down,fire service should have fewer call outs,hence insurance companies should make more money as they are not going to pay out on corona virus related claims.Time to look at Tower,s share price?

Advanced Member

Learning new skills, possible future new business opportunities!

Yesterday the dog groomers cancelled our v shaggy dogs appointment & now closed possibly for months. What to do?
    Had to race out & buy some $180 grooming shears & attempt to learn (via You Tube) how to be a dog groomer ha!
    Hair dressing may be next!

Guru

A lot of people will learn how to cook and come out the other side that much better for it. A lot of people will find out that a home cooked meal can be just as nice as a bought one.