Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Positive for jehovah's witness.So many people at home to visit
    And we cannot pretend that we are out

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    But luckily they will have to stay home as well

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A lot of people will learn how to cook and come out the other side that much better for it. A lot of people will find out that a home cooked meal can be just as nice as a bought one.
    True. A lot of people will learn as well that they save a lot of money if one of the bread earners stays at home and cooks (potentially even home grown food) and looks after the kids. Children might learn how to clean and cook again (taught by the parents) - we might turn into a better society after that event.

We just need to change our accounting system. An at home dad or mum don't count for the stats.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Thankfully that powers that be are not closing the markets (unless you're in Phillipines). !
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    We might end up like Bernard in Black Books...so desperate for distraction that we'd love to have them in^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6TeDM-wlZ4

Wonder if people will get bored at home, including institutions that they start buying everything - lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHorse View Post
    We might end up like Bernard in Black Books...so desperate for distraction that we'd love to have them in^^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6TeDM-wlZ4
    Thats a good way to deal with them - certainly worth a try. I did check to see if they were allowed to drink and yes they are.

https://www.ft.com/content/92f21e80-...a-62351200038b

Making a case for ‘Corona bonds’

Quote Originally Posted by Mogul View Post
    Increasing realisation that we are a society that needs to look out for each other and work together not just a collection of self obsessed individuals.

Blueprint on ways to actually reduce environmental destruction for future generations. E.g. less air travel and unnecessary commuting emissions.

Refresher on what is most important in life - people, relationships, community, planet, health, freedom.

Hopefully a recognition we need to invest more in the health system and the fortitude to do so.

Learning experience to help us be prepared for future pandemics including biological warfare or terrorist acts.

Great prices to buy shares for Kiwisaver and investment funds.
    I liked the first 4 in this list... the last two had me shuddering - is it that bad?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A lot of people will learn how to cook and come out the other side that much better for it. A lot of people will find out that a home cooked meal can be just as nice as a bought one.
    ..If you have Nigella in isolation with you it may be a positive aspect. That reminds me, I need to buy lots more oven-ready meals from the supermarket. Love the sound of the ping on the microwave.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-03-2020 at 10:36 PM.