sharetrader
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

perhaps we should start a new thread to swap recipes.(preferably ones that take a while to prepare)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    ..If you have Nigella in isolation with you it may be a positive aspect. That reminds me, I need to buy lots more oven-ready meals from the supermarket. Love the sound of the ping on the microwave.
    Be careful, those ready made oven meals, although convenient are full of salt. That aside, I agree with the Nigella being good company in isolation, although I probably prefer Langbein (homegrown) or Oliver.

At the NZX is remaining open for us all to do some gambling / punting

Bored stay at homers could head of to sharesies ...I’m told that’s quite good fun.
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2020 at 08:55 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I don't know if a positive effect, but would think there will start to be more "sharetrading" as the lockdown goes on and people have more time on their hands.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At the NZX is remaining open for us all to do some gambling / punting

Bore stay at homers could head of to sharesies ...I’m told that’s quite good fun.
    Oh, snap!!!

Guru

Keep calm and carry on people.
    The oft quoted flu mortality rate is based off of deaths vs estimated number of cases (which are in the millions), not deaths vs actual confirmed cases. The COVID-19 mortality rate is based off deaths vs confirmed cases. This is not an apples to apples comparison. If estimated cases were used to calculate the COVID-19 death rate it would plummet (and it will be well under 1% when it’s all said and done). That’s not scary enough though.
    According to the US CDC. tested and diagnosed flu cases in the US were 231,654. Deaths from the flu, about 22,000. This makes the mortality rate from the flu about 10%, using the apples to apples comparison of tested and diagnosed. The mortality rate among tested and diagnosed victims of COVID 19 is about 1.2%. This makes COVID 19 much less deadly than the seasonal flu. https://www.cdc.gov/flu

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Thats a good way to deal with them - certainly worth a try. I did check to see if they were allowed to drink and yes they are.
    Mix a Jehovaa witnesser with some 90 % alcohol some 'allo vera (or hale mary) and we have the ultimate witless spirit cleanser.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 26-03-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Keep calm and carry on people.
    The oft quoted flu mortality rate is based off of deaths vs estimated number of cases (which are in the millions), not deaths vs actual confirmed cases. The COVID-19 mortality rate is based off deaths vs confirmed cases. This is not an apples to apples comparison. If estimated cases were used to calculate the COVID-19 death rate it would plummet (and it will be well under 1% when it’s all said and done). That’s not scary enough though.
    According to the US CDC. tested and diagnosed flu cases in the US were 231,654. Deaths from the flu, about 22,000. This makes the mortality rate from the flu about 10%, using the apples to apples comparison of tested and diagnosed. The mortality rate among tested and diagnosed victims of COVID 19 is about 1.2%. This makes COVID 19 much less deadly than the seasonal flu. https://www.cdc.gov/flu
    Your posts are delusional and misleading, blackcap.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    That is but your opinion. Look at the figures. I think you are delusional. There that was easy wasn't it. We both have opinions which in a free country we are allowed to share and that is what makes a free country so great. Hope you keep well during the 4 weeks cheers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    It would be a little more helpful if you pointed out his supposed errors. Does not reflect well upon you IMHO.