sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Nearly everyone I speak too has put their kiwi saver onto conservative or cash in the last few weeks, except for one brave young soul who will not retire for Thirty Five years anyway.

Someone mentioned on another thread that forced selling by funds, due to people leaving aggressive funds was driving down prices, but do many kiwi saver schemes have many holdings in NZ shares? My aggressive fund was nearly all overseas shares from memory
    Yeah it was me. Not only forced by thousands of kiwis switching funds, but in addition I'm sure they'll be mandated to do further selling by re-balancing and risk mitigation

Switched from a growth fund to a cash fund in early March, so only down a few percent from the top. Over 10 years before I can get at it, so looking to switch back to a growth fund when the bear goes back to sleep...

conservative. dont forget non kiwisaver fund managers will also be having redemptions
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Staying in growth, long term horizon, don’t want to miss out on all these cheap shares my fund is buying. They have to keep buying, buy buy buy. KiwiSaver isn’t a trading tool
    Yeah this is me too. Don't need it for 35 years so I'm leaving it in growth.
    Just checked, it's down 15% from peak, so not even THAT bad.

Growth fund. Haven't bothered looking though as cashed out most of it 3 months ago to buy a house (literally the nostradamus of market timing right here). But at least our mortgage is not much more than our rent was, in a much nicer house, and we went into it with 20% deposit instead of 10% like many FHB).

My other fund investments are getting massacred though.

Quote Originally Posted by samjaynz View Post
    Growth fund. Haven't bothered looking though as cashed out most of it 3 months ago to buy a house (literally the nostradamus of market timing right here). But at least our mortgage is not much more than our rent was, in a much nicer house, and we went into it with 20% deposit instead of 10% like many FHB).

My other fund investments are getting massacred though.
    Hopefully it works out but you might have timed one market well and not the other! We will see!

I switched my balance out of my Growth fund to cash early on so down about 2.5% but left my ongoing contributions in growth so I get the DCA of putting money into my growth fund still

Risk Manager for FTX

Milford Aggressive Only down ~20% which isn't bad considering most of it's in international shares.

Not worried with 50 or so years to retirement.

ratkin..with all due respect..Im quite stunned at your post...particularly with reference to thirty five years.Youve been a contributer since 2001..how can you in all honestly say what you said.Are those folk you speak doing exactly what they Should not do...LIKE why did they sign up to aggressive funds in the first place...like what am I missing ..cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    Milford Aggressive Only down ~20% which isn't bad considering most of it's in international shares.

Not worried with 50 or so years to retirement.
    Probs get some benefit from exposure to USD..