sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Direct broking / NZX

Incredibly slow today took almost an hour for the trade to become active and go through (nothing to do with my offer price)
    Is this happening with all brokers?

Advanced Member

Has been happening with ASB on busy down days

My view is that if you want to be a day trader you really need to have click and done transaction facility. Its not necessarily DB's responsibility to provide that and certainly in times of stress this is just what happens.
    Live with it or find another way is my comment.

am I being too harsh?
    Maybe but I'm just working with how it is
    Last edited by peat; 25-03-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    My view is that if you want to be a day trader you really need to have click and done transaction facility. Its not necessarily DB's responsibility to provide that and certainly in times of stress this is just what happens.
    I see your viewpoint. However I don't want to be a day trader I just want my *at market* order placed within 45 minutes (and counting). I don't think most people expect that you'll be unable to buy/sell at market when there are times of stress when you sign up with DB; times like these is often when you rely on being able to do just that! Perhaps they should make it more clear that it is not their platform is really for those with a long-term (at least 1 month) orders.

Out of interest, what are these other ways? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Firstly I am not a day trader however I find it frustrating when orders do not get prompt attention.
    Secondly all I expect of DB to supply a prompt service which I know can be supplied.
    Why do I know they can supply a prompt service, because they manage to do that for many years in the past.
    They also used to manage answering phone calls in a friendly and timely manner.

I am not familiar with click and done transaction facility but will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion Peat.

Frustrating of course but totally understandable if you think about it. Of course thinking about it is obviously not your strong point LOL. Ramping up from normal volume to these volumes as well as huge increase of number of changed/edited buy/sell prices is going to stretch even good platforms. This is an unusual situation so expecting the same service is just an unreasonable and (obviously) unreachable expectation. Allow extra time and also give yourself more flexibility with prices is my suggestion. No point in getting pi**ed off about it ..everyone in same boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Firstly I am not a day trader however I find it frustrating when orders do not get prompt attention.
    Secondly all I expect of DB to supply a prompt service which I know can be supplied.
    Why do I know they can supply a prompt service, because they manage to do that for many years in the past.
    They also used to manage answering phone calls in a friendly and timely manner.

I am not familiar with click and done transaction facility but will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion Peat.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Frustrating of course but totally understandable if you think about it. Of course thinking about it is obviously not your strong point LOL. Ramping up from normal volume to these volumes as well as huge increase of number of changed/edited buy/sell prices is going to stretch even good platforms. This is an unusual situation so expecting the same service is just an unreasonable and (obviously) unreachable expectation. Allow extra time and also give yourself more flexibility with prices is my suggestion. No point in getting pi**ed off about it ..everyone in same boat.
    Ok Birmanboy, I agree we can give DB some slake and tolerate that their service is not as prompt the last 2 days compared with 2 months ago. The present pandemic is one out of the box.
    What I find less acceptable is that DB service has been noticeable worse 2 months ago compared with 2 years ago.
    This was long before the coronavirus had an effect on the trading volume on our market.
    Last edited by forest; 25-03-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Direct Broking service seem to be deteriorating.
    Answer phone talks about technical issues but it has been slow for many months now.

Sharesies has slowed right down. Had a market price order price up for about an hour and none filled. Plenty of depth when I check through ASB.

Must be hectic at NZX.

Yeah just about impossible to know and trade with such a volatile market.