sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Direct broking / NZX

Incredibly slow today took almost an hour for the trade to become active and go through (nothing to do with my offer price)
    Is this happening with all brokers?

Advanced Member

Has been happening with ASB on busy down days

Direct Broking service seem to be deteriorating.
    Answer phone talks about technical issues but it has been slow for many months now.

Sharesies has slowed right down. Had a market price order price up for about an hour and none filled. Plenty of depth when I check through ASB.

Must be hectic at NZX.

Yeah just about impossible to know and trade with such a volatile market.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Yeah just about impossible to know and trade with such a volatile market.
    Does anyone else that markets should shut down in these situations or at least have 5% limit downs as we are seeing an enormous destruction of paper wealth in a very short time frame. this goes on to effect banks, peoples confidence, business confidence etc. Why not shut it down and not create such destruction, if we did that we would recover much faster after it is all over.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Does anyone else that markets should shut down in these situations or at least have 5% limit downs as we are seeing an enormous destruction of paper wealth in a very short time frame. this goes on to effect banks, peoples confidence, business confidence etc. Why not shut it down and not create such destruction, if we did that we would recover much faster after it is all over.
    Or not. Closing markets will just make the panic that much more exacerbated once markets are opened again and that will create a run. You need the markets to remain open otherwise confidence will disappear and all semblance of normality will be gone.

Either way if the websites aren't up to date in a timely manner you could lose big time. Its just impossible if you don't know what are up to date SP.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

This is the difference between "Public-Level" access and "Broker-level-access".

Took me 20 minutes to have a buy order acknowledged and another 20 to amend. I was lucky to get the order filled. Now, looking for a quick exit on a profitable trade, price has hit my sell order twice but the order is still sitting there at 'placed' after - you guessed it - 20 minutes. Now the price is going back down. Waste of time amending as you'll be waiting half an hour before they take any action.

Some amazing volatility to trade. Not much good if this is the level of responsiveness. They're obviously swamped with all the volume... I would have thought much of this process would have been automated.

FFS.