sharetrader
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

What a joke. I put a sell order in for sale of AMP shares. It was just taking forever to hit the trading floor. As in this market, it is so volatile and things are changing so quick, you need to be on top of things. Anyway the ASX price moved, I checked the NZX, still not on the depth, so I cancelled the order, then a minute later I get a partial sale with brokerage, and the balance of the order cancelled. I just can't deal with this crsp anymore. For cancelled orders, they should stop it if it was partially filled.

I am fast getting sick of DB

It is exceptionally bad right now. Another thing to note is that even once you've waited your 30 mins for them to process the order, when the status changes to "Limit Order" it often takes another 5-10 mins to actually hit the market.

Could be a good market for trading due to its volatility, but with the delays in the orders getting to the depth, it is just impossible. Just cant seem to win anyway.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Could be a good market for trading due to its volatility, but with the delays in the orders getting to the depth, it is just impossible. Just cant seem to win anyway.
    Use sharesies. Easy to set up and their orders to to market directly. For larger orders it might be more costly but they will be going to market a lot faster. They do have a limited stock range at the moment though but at least 100.

ASB are currently trading with significant delays. Just cost me a bomb by not placing my order.

Direct-broking was very quick when placing my mistaken buy order instead of a sell on a FPH at $30 a share at the critical closing hour. I only found out when the market closed at 6pm. I should have used my desktop instead of my smart phone to place the order-expensive mistake. SILLY MISTAKE

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Use sharesies. Easy to set up and their orders to to market directly. For larger orders it might be more costly but they will be going to market a lot faster. They do have a limited stock range at the moment though but at least 100.
    Blackcap, I usually use ASB, but also haven't been impressed with the slowness of the platform when things have been busy over the last week, After reading a review of Sharsies, I signed up and loaded the wallet before realising that the shares aren't assigned to your CSN, which I'm not comfortable with, and that they want to charge you $10/month (I know, I'm tight) to view market depth. But from your experience, would you recommend them?

Why not pay sharesies $1.5 a month to trade, and keep using asbsecurities at no fee to view market depth? That's what I'm doing and definitely saving on fees

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Blackcap, I usually use ASB, but also haven't been impressed with the slowness of the platform when things have been busy over the last week, After reading a review of Sharsies, I signed up and loaded the wallet before realising that the shares aren't assigned to your CSN, which I'm not comfortable with, and that they want to charge you $10/month (I know, I'm tight) to view market depth. But from your experience, would you recommend them?
    Till now I have had no problem with them. I use DB for depth. It only costs $30 per annum to have an account with Sharesies. They are new, I met the founders about 2 years ago and had a good discussion with them. I believe they are genuine. Yes there is no CSN, but shares are held in trust. THey are looking at giving voting rights (in the pipeline) and also the possibility of being able to transfer to CSN. That would be a game changer for me. IN these times when the traditional brokers are taking 30 mins to process orders then Sharesies is paramount if you are a trader.
    Other than that, they have limitations, as you can only trade about 100 stocks at this point in time but they are looking to expand that as well.
    I really like the concept though, they appeal to my inner teenage self as you can invest into the market with any $ amount and not be penalised by a prohibitive minimum brokerage.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Till now I have had no problem with them. I use DB for depth. It only costs $30 per annum to have an account with Sharesies. They are new, I met the founders about 2 years ago and had a good discussion with them. I believe they are genuine. Yes there is no CSN, but shares are held in trust. THey are looking at giving voting rights (in the pipeline) and also the possibility of being able to transfer to CSN. That would be a game changer for me. IN these times when the traditional brokers are taking 30 mins to process orders then Sharesies is paramount if you are a trader.
    Other than that, they have limitations, as you can only trade about 100 stocks at this point in time but they are looking to expand that as well.
    I really like the concept though, they appeal to my inner teenage self as you can invest into the market with any $ amount and not be penalised by a prohibitive minimum brokerage.
    Ok, thanks, maybe I'll throw some money back in the wallet.