sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Why not pay sharesies $1.5 a month to trade, and keep using asbsecurities at no fee to view market depth? That's what I'm doing and definitely saving on fees
    Yeah, that's what I was planning to do, it's just when I discovered Sharsies wanted to charge for that, plus the concerns around CSN, it annoyed me and put me off the concept. But i think I'll revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was planning to do, it's just when I discovered Sharsies wanted to charge for that, plus the concerns around CSN, it annoyed me and put me off the concept. But i think I'll revisit it.
    Had an email from them today - you can now register interest for early access to transfer shares into/out of exchanges, $5 per transfer.

"Good news for those who want to transfer existing New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) shares into (and out of) Sharesies—you can now register for early access here! "

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by clip View Post
    Had an email from them today - you can now register interest for early access to transfer shares into/out of exchanges, $5 per transfer.

"Good news for those who want to transfer existing New Zealand Stock Exchange (NZX) shares into (and out of) Sharesies—you can now register for early access here! "
    That makes them even more palatable. So if an important vote is up and coming, you can transfer out and vote via CSN. Good move Sharesies.

Yeah DB is trying, but the market is so volatile right now, we need that depth and up to date info. Put in a sell order today and order was declined , not sufficient stock under csn, WTF

Trying to buy through ASB, and have been having problems also. Right now I have an order which has been showing "On market" for about 15 minutes - I KNOW damn well that my buy price is matching a sell price but still it sits there.

** Ah-ha - just gone through **

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Use sharesies. Easy to set up and their orders to to market directly. For larger orders it might be more costly but they will be going to market a lot faster. They do have a limited stock range at the moment though but at least 100.
    Thanks for the heads up on this blackcap. Easy to use, reasonable fees, but most importantly orders are processed instantly.

Isn't Sharesies cheapest on large orders?

ASB - $15 on trades up to $1,000, $30 on trades > $1,000 - <$10,000 and 0.30%
    Sharesies - $15 on trades to $3K and then 0.1%

Any idea if SHaresies allow trusts? I have been waiting for a response from them since last week now

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Any idea if SHaresies allow trusts? I have been waiting for a response from them since last week now
    As long as it is a simple kids trust for their benefit.

T+C here
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    As long as it is a simple kids trust for their benefit.

T+C here
    Thanks, won't work for me though. It's crazy I can setup a US or other brokerage account in my family trust name over the internet in a few days. ASB and Direct Broking want originals or verified hardcopies of EVERYTHING. Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Thanks, won't work for me though. It's crazy I can setup a US or other brokerage account in my family trust name over the internet in a few days. ASB and Direct Broking want originals or verified hardcopies of EVERYTHING. Joke.
    its regulations, don't blame the businesses.
    though Hatch were pretty simple, but it was just in my name.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....