sharetrader

Hybrid View

It was BOOMING immediately before all this and I think anyone that had the cash/loan lined up will still keep looking/buying and see it as an opportunity over the next 6 months/however long it takes to get back to normal.

All this just cements for me how lucky we are to live in NZ and what an amazing country it is here. As more $hit happens in the world, more people will want to live here - and we have to be careful about that!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    It was BOOMING immediately before all this and I think anyone that had the cash/loan lined up will still keep looking/buying and see it as an opportunity over the next 6 months/however long it takes to get back to normal.

All this just cements for me how lucky we are to live in NZ and what an amazing country it is here. As more $hit happens in the world, more people will want to live here - and we have to be careful about that!
    LOL. No doubt for some NZ is still the lucky county. For boomers with real estate it had been a rollicking time.

For companies trying to raise capital, well they have often had to move over to Australia. For the increasing numbers who do cannot raise that first deposit for home ownership, accessing those capital gains is still out of reach.

Guru

China now Sweden
    The straw that broke the camels back?
    "Bloomberg
    Why Sweden’s $41 Billion of Property Debt Is Alarming Europe"
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-s...090403875.html