sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here is a graph of daily cases in NZ (not including todays increase of 76 ) from https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#

NZDailyCases29-03.JPG

I find this interesting comparing it to other countries charts and will try to discover a pattern between a country's response with its growth rate. Who will successfully flatten the curve? Only those who lockdown ?

The scope of testing however is a risk to the validity of this data.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Here is a graph of daily cases in NZ (not including todays increase of 76 ) from https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#

NZDailyCases29-03.JPG

I find this interesting comparing it to other countries charts and will try to discover a pattern between a country's response with its growth rate. Who will successfully flatten the curve? Only those who lockdown ?

The scope of testing however is a risk to the validity of this data.
    Peat, thank you for this , fantastic, well done.

Update Ready To Install

Heres a worldometer about all manner of things ! Click on the Coronavirus link at the top. NZ doing well atp in comparison deaths wise..

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 03-04-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Spoke to my sister yesterday, her sister in law is a nurse in South Auckland on the front line. She says numbers of cases are decreasing because they have run out of swab, so no much testing being done. So hearing that we really have no idea of a realistic number of cases. Scary.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    Spoke to my sister yesterday, her sister in law is a nurse in South Auckland on the front line. She says numbers of cases are decreasing because they have run out of swab, so no much testing being done. So hearing that we really have no idea of a realistic number of cases. Scary.
    That anecdote would contradict what Jacinda and the government have been briefing us on daily.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That anecdote would contradict what Jacinda and the government have been briefing us on daily.
    Yes but it has been in the news where many front line staff are saying they have run out of swabs and the govt are saying they shouldn't because we have lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipi View Post
    Yes but it has been in the news where many front line staff are saying they have run out of swabs and the govt are saying they shouldn't because we have lots.
    The news exists to get clicks and attention, they will blow any minor supply issue up into a major drama to get attention. Sonebody underestimates demand and runs out, and the media will spin it into sounding like a nationwide shortage.

probably a day old but here is the update

NZDailyCases11-04.JPG