sharetrader
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    ABC article on the recession threats facing Australian banks. See it here.
    I don't think a recession is the biggest risk.

I would single out an over reliance on credit growth as holding banks back from performing. ROE has been eroded by the low rates environment as a result. Time to diversify revenue.

I see WBC released its interim for the US market today and I noticed that there was an NTA in it. I couldnt see one in the Aussie interim report. Maybe I missed it
    But the USA release states $A15.43 as the NTA as at 31 March 2020. Current trading at $A15.93.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

ANZ and WBC which one will you go for ?

my gut feeling is ANZ

but my charts say we are still bearish
    the chart of ANZ (NZ) is here definitely forming a triangly flaggy thing which would normally continue (down)

ANZDaily07052020.JPG
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    my gut feeling is ANZ

but my charts say we are still bearish
    the chart of ANZ (NZ) is here definitely forming a triangly flaggy thing which would normally continue (down)

ANZDaily07052020.JPG
    Thanks for that , look like both of them are moving almost identical with each other. I will go for ANZ .

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=ynot;811888]
    Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    there all trying to get farmers to reduce debt , its a big risk for banks and govt if ag rolls over.[/QUOTE

What scenario would that be likely ?
    https://loveracing.nz/News/30326/Equ...spositive.aspx

[QUOTE=stoploss;816734]Do you know if this includes horses going over to Aus on a Melbourne Cup campaign or similar.

Veteran novice

I'm having a slow day today. Could someone please explain to me the connection between this news item and the thread "Bank Stocks"?

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    They are all trying to get farmers to reduce debt , it's a big risk for banks and govt if ag rolls over.
    A bit of a long bow drawn here. You are suggesting that a ban on exporting horses from NZ will tip the rural sector as a whole over the edge and cause havoc for banks? The breeder sale season is well over. Wouldn't you expect all the horses bought by Australians to already be in Australia by now?

"Theileria equi is a blood disease that causes anaemia and is spread from animal to animal by ticks. The ticks that are known to transmit the disease are a species not present in New Zealand. It is not infectious between horses."

"The horse in question was imported to New Zealand from the EU early last year for breeding."

Looks like it will be pretty easy to eliminate this disease if it cannot be spread from horse to horse. If I was a banker I wouldn't be quaking in my banking shoes at this news.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Sorry to clog the thread Snoopy . It was in reply to the original question re black swan events . I pointed out various biological things that could upset the apple cart . ( Foot and Mouth being the worst ) . I thought I would put it up as it is just another example like mycoplasma bovis of something we don't have that seems to mysteriously appear ....