sharetrader
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bank stocks

And I chickened out of adding to my holdings in the low 16s...…..

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    And I chickened out of adding to my holdings in the low 16s...…..
    The chart suggested it was heading down to it's recent low, so I thought I'd jump out on the bounce and look to get back in later. More than happy to sit on the sideline re this one though and see how things unfold in the coming months...it's going to be interesting.

I pulled my sell of $17.85 at 11:50am this morning haha...

banks on a tear. basing patterns since april offered good risk to reward propositions for a short term bounce. i wouldnt hold long term who knows how many bad debts are too come
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    What lit a fire under the banks today?
    (yesterday)

I spent ages last night trying to get a good answer to this question and obviously didnt find one good enough to warrant posting.
    The AFR had a article that their market was out of the bear so maybe that helped. Not much else though apart from WBC's Disclosure statement released which I doubt was new information as such. And in any case all the banks moved not just WBC. They certainly have jumped up today... so it was a timely question
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    banks on a tear. basing patterns since april offered good risk to reward propositions for a short term bounce. i wouldnt hold long term who knows how many bad debts are too come
    lets face it though huh most trading banks have good security over their loans and while there will of course be some bad debts unless there is a wholesale collapse of property prices the banks will be sweet because they just ride anything out and if necessary wait a little while to liquidate the collateral i.e. sell the property.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    lets face it though huh most trading banks have good security over their loans and while there will of course be some bad debts unless there is a wholesale collapse of property prices the banks will be sweet because they just ride anything out and if necessary wait a little while to liquidate the collateral i.e. sell the property.
    margins being squeezed all the time too. i would say peak dividends has long gone

Guru

US banks rallied last night. While peak dividends are long gone 3.5% will be the new peak dividend. Banks are always best seen as tradable stocks at least that is the view i have had. A bit like air lines and retail. DISC; Always selling and buying the banks.

Yes, WBC up three dollars in three or so days, So I unloaded a few, only 10%. Always a drop after a bit of a run, just hope the drop is enough to buy back in. If not RB worst case scenario, makes me feel a little more comfortable. I fear the worst is yet to come for banks generally. But still holding on hoping to be at breakeven soon.

DISC: HOLD and am HOLDING
    Last edited by bottomfeeder; 27-05-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    What lit a fire under the banks today?
    they been up in US as well started moving last week funny about the same time i started talking on this thread lol , the us banks provide a good lead on movement in the aus banks