sharetrader
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

I'd be a lot happier riding the wave if it didn't feel so much like a tsunami! And it seems I'm not alone, given the VIX is still at 35 and, perhaps more importantly, the VVIX is at 140...!

Does anyone have a view on commodities. The US market is trading around 30 times multiple which is crazy, however commodities are at historic lows by comparison. Oil is in its bottom quartile by average which makes it appear cheap. Taking a 5 year view, it looks very attractive. Sugar has been testing all time lows. Some price discovery me thinks... anyone share the view?

Quote Originally Posted by jr1973 View Post
    Does anyone have a view on commodities. The US market is trading around 30 times multiple which is crazy, however commodities are at historic lows by comparison. Oil is in its bottom quartile by average which makes it appear cheap. Taking a 5 year view, it looks very attractive. Sugar has been testing all time lows. Some price discovery me thinks... anyone share the view?
    I was looking at 3 of the big Aussie resource companies the other night BHP RIO and WPL and they all seem not unreasonably priced based on a standard equity valuation method. I interpret this as the mainstream view being bearish commodities (I'm not incl PM's here.)

Oil is so fraught politically that one needs to consider all those aspects of it. Who wouldve thought the Saudis would dump like that? So I am not sure if you can judge its price levels in terms of quartiles by average.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....