sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I hope other posters are not experiencing the same sort of volatility I am having.
    Update from Craigs dated 12th March portfolio ,,,...100%
    Update from Craigs dated 14th May, portfolio down 16.8%to 83.2%
    Update from Craigs today..2nd June.portfolio now up 25%.to 125% from 12th March,and up an incredible 50% from 14th May.
    And the % increase would be a lot higher had I not had the big cash up.[which I have not spent very much of.]
    We certainly live in interesting times.
    Yep
    Portfolio ATH without putting all the cash from Feb back in,sigh,need it to cover other expenses anyway.
    They say high risk=high volatility,they just forget the higher returns
    Time will tell

Guru

My volatility is HUGE as i only sold AIR late at a loss (after making the same in profit from OCA ) and SKC i did not sell along with the Banks (yes i prehaps should have but where was the bottom?). I just hate selling all stocks even ones badly offensive in nature that are hit hard when i know that if the reserve banks of this world start buying Equities and high risks bonds then you have to decide 2 years later which stock do you buy back when in fact the stock market is disconnected from the economy and trillions and trillions and trillions of dollars of computed currency are created by a formula on a computer to buy high yield stock. Always keep 1 / 3 of your caputal in cash to buy in a crash... Now if you want to sell everything then its the final sell up...Its right now that you can use your 1/3 cash to buy stocks you dont own that are prehaps as much as 35 to 50% down and you need to ready to understand that those stocks may not return to cost for up to 2 to 5 years. If you cant stand that sort of risk in the market you should not be invested in the first place. If a day trading paradise for the next 2 years...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well I hope other posters are not experiencing the same sort of volatility I am having.
    Update from Craigs dated 12th March portfolio ,,,...100%
    Update from Craigs dated 14th May, portfolio down 16.8%to 83.2%
    Update from Craigs today..2nd June.portfolio now up 25%.to 125% from 12th March,and up an incredible 50% from 14th May.
    And the % increase would be a lot higher had I not had the big cash up.[which I have not spent very much of.]
    We certainly live in interesting times.
    Imagine if there was some liquidity in PAZ and you had managed to put some of the extra cash in there ......

Fletcher building is what I’m banking on. Just because I think it’s massively undervalued at present.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Fletcher building is what I’m banking on. Just because I think it’s massively undervalued at present.
    Could you explain why you think it is "massively undervalued"? FBU's track record is the polar opposite of stellar in spite of the company's long history and strong market position.

Blis
    Has best up prospects, I think. Big shareholder selling perhaps depressing SP.
    Reported on BLT site a couple of months ago that at 6.1 cps they would never be cheaper.
    Do some research and decide.
    !
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    OCA
    MET

Sorry, I don't have 5, that's it.
    Add WHS to the list.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I believe the market is underestimating NZ's largest Construction Company.
    They have had a bad run in recent years yes, but they have been restructuring for the better.
    Before Covid came about, they were well on their way to recovery from the major losses in the last few years, and they were even buying back shares.

They have a pretty damn strong balance sheet and they are actually valued at 19% less than their Book Value and just under half of their sales.. Trailing numbers of course.

Recent job cuts that will mitigate most of the weak operating results from Covid.
    Before Covid came about, they were well on their way to recovery from the major losses in the last few years, and they were even buying back shares.
    I am not sure if they will pay a dividend or not but they haven't exactly stated that they will cancel it... yet.

Just my thoughts, appreciate other insights.