sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dilettante

Of course it all depends on timeframe. I assume 2-3 years and replace "recovery" with "return" from here.
    OCA
    MFT
    BOT
    SEK
    PAZ (USX)

Hold all of the above.
    Last edited by iceman; 02-06-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Added last sentence.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

OCA
    ARV
    LIV
    BOT
    IFT.. Have been looking at this closely, quite like the mix of companies they have a stake in at the moment particularly CDC ..see a lot if potential there.
    Welly airport will get up and running again sooner or later!

percy

Well lets see how 5 from Unlisted do.Prices are last traded price...................................Market capitalisation
    BLU.,..Bluesky Ordinary.......... $1.30.......Meat proccessor........................................ .....$14.98 mil
    PAZ....Pharmazen........................50 cents.Nutritonal Ingredients manufacturer.................$109.38 mil
    RNGA. Rangatira....................$11.25.Investment Company........................................... $69.35 mil
    REL....Rural Equities..................$3.75.Rural property investor.......................................... $120 mil
    SYF.....Syft Technologies.................80 cents.Analytical trace systems................................$59.14mil.
    Disc I hold shares in both PAZ and SYF.

NZX Stocks I or wife hold.
    GNE......$2.85
    IKE...........77 cents
    MEL.......$4.75
    PGW.......$2.65
    SPK........$4.42
    Last edited by percy; 01-06-2020 at 09:47 PM.

In other words just about anything.

Kflwf, Skt, mpg, smp thl....I own these....took a big hit with the Skt capital raise but I believe it's a good medium term hold.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well lets see how 5 from Unlisted do.Prices are last traded price...................................Market capitalisation
    BLU.,..Bluesky Ordinary.......... $1.30.......Meat proccessor........................................ .....$14.98 mil
    PAZ....Pharmazen........................50 cents.Nutritonal Ingredients manufacturer.................$109.38 mil
    RNGA. Rangatira....................$11.25.Investment Company........................................... $69.35 mil
    REL....Rural Equities..................$3.75.Rural property investor.......................................... $120 mil
    SYF.....Syft Technologies.................80 cents.Analytical trace systems................................$59.14mil.
    Disc I hold shares in both PAZ and SYF.
    Hey Percy I thought you owned REL although I am probably confusing you with someone else. If you did own it, why sell?

Default A bit of positivity in todays release.

FWL Harvest Result, Outlook & Martinborough Development
    2/6/2020, 2:13 pm GENERAL
    2 June 2020

Foley Wines Limited Announces Harvest Result, Earnings Outlook and Development in Martinborough

2020 Harvest Result

Foley Wines Limited [NZX: FWL] CEO Mark Turnbull today announced that the company has completed its harvest for the 2020 vintage. The harvest totalled 7,802 tonnes across the Marlborough, Martinborough and Mt Difficulty wineries, an overall decrease of 6% on last year’s harvest of 8,304 tonnes. The harvest decrease was predominately driven by contracted growers being down 15% on last year while fruit from FWL’s own vineyards was up 1.8%.

Mr Turnbull said, “While our total tonnage may be down slightly, our teams did an incredible job operating in accordance with the strict conditions associated with Alert Level 4. We along with the rest of the industry are very thankful of the work done by NZ Winegrowers and the different Government agencies to allow us to harvest this year’s vintage.”

Foley Wines Group Chief Winemaker Alastair Maling MW said, “With a long drawn out summer and perfect conditions over March and April in Martinborough, Marlborough and Central Otago the quality of wines from 2020 will be some of the best in recent years.”

June 2020 Outlook

The Directors forecast operating earnings (before tax) for the 12 months ended 30 June 2020 will approximate $7.5m. This represents an increase of approximately 50% on 2019.

OCA - Having done really well out of this since getting back in in March, so with regards to recovery from here, not really sure as much of it has already happened. Maybe looking to break out over a dollar in the short term and we'll see where to after that.
    MET - As with OCA, treated me well to date, a big upside if something positive comes from the EQT takeover. Failing that, may just be a long term hold in the hope they can pull finger and start making better use of capital. Minimal downside and may buy more if I'm in the mood.
    HLG - Got it horribly wrong and sold out too cheap a couple of months ago. Back in now in a small way. May be long term before it pays off.
    HGH - Been trading this one since March and done ok out of it. Where to from here, who knows. Currently a small holding.
    TLL - Bit of a gamble, have some local knowledge of the company. Not much at stake. Would be nice if they offered updates to the market more regularly.

Veteran novice

This isn't "what stocks do I hope will make a good recovery" but "what stocks do I think will make a good recovery".
    I nominate GNE, EBO RYM and FRE. Can't find a fifth!
    Last edited by macduffy; 02-06-2020 at 05:47 PM.

percy

Well I hope other posters are not experiencing the same sort of volatility I am having.
    Update from Craigs dated 12th March portfolio ,,,...100%
    Update from Craigs dated 14th May, portfolio down 16.8%to 83.2%
    Update from Craigs today..2nd June.portfolio now up 25%.to 125% from 12th March,and up an incredible 50% from 14th May.
    And the % increase would be a lot higher had I not had the big cash up.[which I have not spent very much of.]
    We certainly live in interesting times.
    Last edited by percy; 02-06-2020 at 05:58 PM.