sharetrader
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Had been out completely for a number of years due to saving for and subsequently purchasing our first home, and feeling the pinch of adjusting to substantial mortgage repayments. Bought a number of shares around end of march/early april and today topped over 20% returns. Very low capital invested but what I can spare over the mortgage, and a few dividends coming soon.

Mostly in OCA, BLT, small holdings in others and some ETF's but all in positives, pretty happy

Veteran novice

No complaints here. My bank stocks, IFT, AIA, MFT and EBO - my biggest holdings - have all made good/great recoveries from recent lows. I don't calculate percentage moves these days!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    No complaints here. My bank stocks, IFT, AIA, MFT and EBO - my biggest holdings - have all made good/great recoveries from recent lows. I don't calculate percentage moves these days!

Very wise...I thought I had beaten the endless regular habit of feeling the need to update my spreadsheet every week and hadn't for a few weeks but then this thread came along lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Just looking at NZ50 , the high point was 20 Feb @ 12,085, the low point almost exactly 1 month later 22 March @ 8,495, and today @ 11,222 we are back to where we were on 12 December & trending upwards.

In late March, who would have thought we would have such a fast & strong rebound!
    I thought it would take about 5 years to get to this point.

Got thumped in March, but out of 11 shares on NZX, the only share I sold was AIR (out completely) & today am only 2% down from previous high.
    Biggest drivers for me have been FPH up & OCA still down - but recovering.

Risk Manager for FTX

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am up 24.8% year to date
    Hmm, wonder where that come from

Membaa

Thanks for posting folks, almost all of my most respected members have already had something to say and all of them are doing well, such is their collective wisdom managing their own affairs, while unselfishly sharing amongst us.

Tbh what I’ve found most challenging is when the chips are really down, we are individually Alone. Us active portfolio managers have no one to really share our story with and we probably trust no one to understand our situation, let alone advise on the decisions we need to make.

I’m encouraged of course to have made some decisions myself which have improved my overall portfolio position, but it is time like this that I realise that being alone, making my own decisions, measuring my own results and performance … it’s hard, it’s really hard.

I do honestly reach out to you all, express my thanks for your diversity of thought and opinions, which shapes my own opinions and actions. I reflect on what more I could have done but didn’t do. But that doesn’t diminish the value of having a bunch of long term good online mates to share ideas with.

We may differ in our opinions at times but collectively we are strong, resolute, decisive … and we act. Thanks, I can’t express it any other way.

Community, support, United goals.

Bless you all, so much appreciated.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 04-06-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Anyone else feeling things are a little too euphoric for the stock market? Surely another big drop is on the way at some point, this run has been breathtaking.

Anyway I won't try to time it, my portfolio has also done quite well this year after swapping out my biggest holding A2 milk at around $19 with OCA in March at an average price of $0.52. I'm just going to keep holding along my my other stocks kiwisaver etc.

IMO

Yes, ive expressed my feelings on the Dead cat bounce thread re the euphoria developing as the world eases out of lockdown.

I sold down big on the 4th feb keeping gentailers ,FPH,RMD ,Goldies etc. Currently 53% plus in cash NZ,AUS and $US.

My main NZ and Aus portfolio is re 7.5% up this year PLUS divis. Holding so much cash since Feb means i sleep well at night.

I have nibbled at some aus stocks and bought some MET and recently CVT otherwise am very cautious re the road ahead and am prepared to sit on my cash awhile yet and take more profits out of this market too. Happy to protect my assets after a great long bull run.

Something smells rotten about this crazy recovery atpit.It will end with another big downer later this year imo.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 05-06-2020 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Correction 7.5% return PLUS divis so far this year

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    It will end with another big downer later this year imo.
    Thats what my tea leaves say too.... maybe quite soon even.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

That is a VETERAN portfolio.I suggest the novice part of the name can be dropped well & truely Mr McD