sharetrader
Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Me Today MEE

Yep and Japan haha. Aus on the cards too. I agree. Chuck in some good acquisition and boom!

Very quick recovery and not surprised haha. Was a good top up opportunity!

I hope the action over on the Taobao Tmall picks up over time. I count 407 total sales across the whole Me Today range with the valerian Good Night capsules being the most popular product at 83 units sold. Their Tmall online store looks rather attractive so with a little well placed marketing and some building of brand awareness they may be able to capture the Chinese market yet. There is a similar price tactic over there to what we've seen locally with a normal price established which is then heavily discounted. I'm still unsure whether this is a smart play for establishing the product or if customers will be turned off once the actual price becomes a constant. Anyway, this will be an interesting one to watch for sure, especially now that the SP is on the move and volume is picking up again.

Can you read mandarin? I also have managed to find their store on little red book but i have no understanding to actually read reviews or sales.

Hey guys and girls, I have some intel on a recent online order plus counting my last two orders -
    The numbers are rounded just so theres no actual order numbers being stated on the big old web!

I start from my first order:
    1. order 460X my order in Dec 27th
    2. order 477X on Jan 19th 21
    3. order 482X Jan 29 the latest order.

so by my math -
    there were 171 orders in the 23 days between 1 - 2
    then 53 orders in the 11 days between 2 - 3

that's 224 orders in 34 days (or 1.2 months ish)
    If you went off that math as an average each month which won't be very accurate statistically that's approximately 186 online orders per month (28 days).
    assuming the avg order is $40-$120 - roughly $7,400 - $22,300 revenue per month.. Is this good enough for the online sales part of the business? Hmmm.. I guess the store sales are much higher, and the potential for growth is huge, specially in China Aus and UK.

Anyway just thought I'd share, I paid $50 for this bit of "intel" plus got my Girlfriend a nice couple of goodies HAHA.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Hey guys and girls, I have some intel on a recent online order plus counting my last two orders -
    The numbers are rounded just so theres no actual order numbers being stated on the big old web!

I start from my first order:
    1. order 460X my order in Dec 27th
    2. order 477X on Jan 19th 21
    3. order 482X Jan 29 the latest order.

so by my math -
    there were 171 orders in the 23 days between 1 - 2
    then 53 orders in the 11 days between 2 - 3

that's 224 orders in 34 days (or 1.2 months ish)
    If you went off that math as an average each month which won't be very accurate statistically that's approximately 186 online orders per month (28 days).
    assuming the avg order is $40-$120 - roughly $7,400 - $22,300 revenue per month.. Is this good enough for the online sales part of the business? Hmmm.. I guess the store sales are much higher, and the potential for growth is huge, specially in China Aus and UK.

Anyway just thought I'd share, I paid $50 for this bit of "intel" plus got my Girlfriend a nice couple of goodies HAHA.
    As per their last update, revenue was $580k for the 6 months to 31 Sep 2020. So $96.6k per month.
    For me the best way to measure these companies is to track the month on month growth or quarter on quarter.

What is their cheapest product? If you had a reasonable holding and wanted to keep an eye on your investment you could buy their cheapest product on the same date each month for 6 months and see what the trend is on order numbers. Your sample above is too small to draw any solid conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    As per their last update, revenue was $580k for the 6 months to 31 Sep 2020. So $96.6k per month.
    For me the best way to measure these companies is to track the month on month growth or quarter on quarter.

What is their cheapest product? If you had a reasonable holding and wanted to keep an eye on your investment you could buy their cheapest product on the same date each month for 6 months and see what the trend is on order numbers. Your sample above is too small to draw any solid conclusions.
    I realise that, I believe their lowest value product is the lip balm at $15 regular price, but it is $6 shipping lol.
    I will be a regular customer though maybe not monthly for supplements and things. Although I'm not a big shareholder as it's a bit risky, I might as well support the company I'm investing in while getting my sups!

Guru

We have a bit of a sideline web sales business, as an adjunct to our main/different business. We do more than 200 orders per month, averaging about $65-70.

Best aspect is we get the retail margin, instead of selling wholesale to another retailer......

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    We have a bit of a sideline web sales business, as an adjunct to our main/different business. We do more than 200 orders per month, averaging about $65-70.

Best aspect is we get the retail margin, instead of selling wholesale to another retailer......
    Sorry Bob, are you saying you're selling Me Today products on your website or are you working for Me Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Averagetrader1 View Post
    Can you read mandarin? I also have managed to find their store on little red book but i have no understanding to actually read reviews or sales.

My partner can read Mandarin so I sometimes get her to translate the website for me if the Google translation isn't sufficient or if the text is transposed onto the images. I've been looking through the website again today and they have special offers available for bulk bulk. The discounts in these cases are really significant so fingers crossed they will encourage wholesale buyers or help smaller stores become stockists of the brand. One disconcerting thing I found is many of the more popular Me Today products on the store are temporarily unavailable. The optimist in me hopes that the products have been selling like crazy and the sales figures on the website haven't yet updated. The realist in me suspects that not much stock has been allocated for the international online store or shipping costs have become too extravagant to be worth it.

The reviews on the products are overwhelmingly positive but it's anyone's guess how authentic they are. I'm not sure how well the reviews are vetted at Tmall but they are each accompanied with a personal photo of the product.

Long story short I still don't know what to think of the Tmall side of the business. It looks and feels great but will it move product? The Unichem Tmall store is showing similarly underwhelming sales figures for Me Today. Apparently to promote a certain product or store and move it to the top of lists on the website it costs money, how much money is anyone's guess. It will no doubt get washed up in Me Today's marketing spend. For now we should focus on the New Zealand sales I guess.