sharetrader
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Me Today MEE

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Averagetrader1 View Post
    Being a self righteous smart ass gets you no where.I meant what i said that steady blue chips are a safe and good play. Having some of your portfolio in smaller caps isn't a bad play for those willing to take the risks. Don't know why you're getting so defensive when i specifically asked you other small caps you would recommend then for similar risk reward. Based on those numbers you've provided i must be better than the pros.... LOL
    You would know all about being a self righteous smart arse thats for sure.

Smaller caps are a great idea and can be where the money is but have to be at appropriate valuations. Your specific question was 'What are some of your bigger holdings / where else would you recommended investing for a high return on the nzx'? Nothing about small caps or about risk reward.

The numbers I've provided should be bread and butter to any serious investor, you should know this stuff. I very much doubt you're better than the American Billionaires but I'm sure your 3 Month track record so far is, as many others will be too. Lets see how you go over the longer term. You're probably the next Buffett LOL.

If you do over 20% with decent portfolio size over the next few years then we will all know who you are. I suggest some time with a compound interest calculator.

So i think I've got this right now. You come on this forum as some sort of mentor to tell everyone to sell and that they're pretty much idiots to own at these prices. You then also seem to think that the days of true valuations are still around... They are not and surely you know this? My 3 month record has actually been quite dull but having a diverse portfolio keeps things at bay. I really have no idea why you're here?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Averagetrader1 View Post
    So i think I've got this right now. You come on this forum as some sort of mentor to tell everyone to sell and that they're pretty much idiots to own at these prices. You then also seem to think that the days of true valuations are still around... They are not and surely you know this? My 3 month record has actually been quite dull but having a diverse portfolio keeps things at bay. I really have no idea why you're here?
    As I've said, there is a lot of stuff at extremely cheap valuations. I'm almost fully invested and won't be selling anything, just buying buying buying. LOTS of stuff at depression prices let alone decent valuations.

'True valuations' are indeed alive and well and all around us. Just need to look. As I've said, bifurcated market. Possibly the most of all time.

But yes people owning things at 40 times revenues... as long as you know how expensive it is compared to the most expensive companies in the world, all is good.

The most expensive company I own is Unilever, one of the highest quality companies in the world and half the price of the average NZX company.

Nothing you've said is wrong. I do agree unilever is a smart buy and hold. GL

Guru

I'm just trying to highlight the risks to people who may not have seen them is all.

MEE could easily go way up from here particularly in this market. The founders could well make a go of it but building from ground up will be tough and Trilogy was already very successful when they got involved, now they have to compete against them too.

I always try to think of it like would I buy the whole company if I had the money, and for 33 million I'd be worried what I was getting.

Very keen on the small cap space though.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Nice to see that in the end you both can settle this like reasonable folk and respect each others opinion even if though you have different views.

Lets just agree that hey this is high risk, but potentially has a high rewards if they succeed. Me Today are doing a great job with their distribution currently, just walking into the pharmacies and seeing their product is pretty cool and their planned sales into China and Japan show immediate signs of their experience and what they are trying to build. Not to mention more new products on the way, amazing given how many products they have out already.

These guys have taken what they learnt at Trilogy and are implementing it all here, thats why this has a high valuation, its like asking why pay a CEO millions when I can get someone off the street at minimum wage to make all the big decisions. The quality of decision making and value generated is not easily found elsewhere. In my opinion anyway, what took trilogy 5 years will take these guys 3 years and its really showing. They know all the right targets to hit and currently I'm really impressed with them.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 26-03-2021 at 01:10 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Nice to see that in the end you both can settle this like reasonable folk and respect each others opinion even if though you have different views.

Lets just agree that hey this is high risk, but potentially has a high rewards if they succeed. Me Today are doing a great job with their distribution currently, just walking into the pharmacies and seeing their product is pretty cool and their planned sales into China and Japan show immediate signs of their experience and what they are trying to build. Not to mention more new products on the way, amazing given how many products they have out already.

These guys have taken what they learnt at Trilogy and are implementing it all here, thats why this has a high valuation, its like asking why pay a CEO millions when I can get someone off the street at minimum wage to make all the big decisions. The quality of decision making and value generated is not easily found elsewhere. In my opinion anyway, what took trilogy 5 years will take these guys 3 years and its really showing. They know all the right targets to hit and currently I'm really impressed with them.

Well said. Also a very rational explanation on the valuation.

Must be balance date coming up. Last week offering one of their supplements free when buying any others, and now 40% off everything online before 11.59pm 31st March.
    Odd timing that as not sure how they can recognize the revenue if not shipped prior to the 1st April.

They have me tempted though, even just from a curiosity on the quality of their creams. If there is one thing the Japanese won't accept it is poor quality. Even the smallest blemish on packaging will have it being rejected before it hits the retailers warehouse.

MEE
    31/03/2021 13:12
    MKTUPDTE
    PRICE SENSITIVE
    REL: 1312 HRS Me Today Limited

MKTUPDTE: MEE: Me Today appoints Irish and Australian Partners

Auckland, New Zealand: Me Today Limited announces today that a distribution
    agreement has been signed for the Me Today brand in Ireland with Uniphar
    Wholesale Limited.

Uniphar Wholesale Limited is part of publicly listed Uniphar Group, a trusted
    global partner to pharma and medtech manufacturers globally with over 2,000
    employees and revenues of Euro1.8 billion. Uniphar operates a fully
    integrated model with 280 plus pharmacies trading under the Allcare, Life and
    Hickey's pharmacy banners. In addition, Uniphar has access to a network of
    1,850 pharmacies across Ireland. Product will be shipped to market in August
    2021 and the brand is expected to be on shelf, in selected stores throughout
    the Uniphar network, in September 2021.

Uniphar consumer unit business manager, Louise Martin, says, "We couldn't be
    more excited to sign this distribution agreement with Me Today and bring this
    unique, New Zealand brand to Ireland. As a beautifully designed,
    cross-category pharmacy solution, Me Today stands out on shelf and we are
    confident that it will be well received by our customers."

Me Today has also announced its first Australian retail partnership with
    Adore Beauty Group Limited. Me Today will launch a selected range of
    supplements and skincare products on both the Australian and New Zealand
    Adore Beauty sites in quarter four of 2021.

Adore Beauty is Australia's number one pureplay online beauty retailer, with
    revenue of AUD $96.2 million for the half to 31 December 2020. Its vision is
    to help women feel more confident and fabulous every day by delivering an
    empowering and engaging beauty shopping experience personalised to their
    needs.

Me Today CEO, Michael Kerr says, "We are excited about the opportunity that
    these partnerships provide the brand. In the last few months, we have had a
    large amount of interest in Me Today from retailers and distributors around
    the world with consistently positive feedback around the point of difference
    in our brand offering, the formulations, and appearance of the product
    in-store."

Adore Beauty senior category manager, Danielle Chee says, "Adore Beauty is
    excited to partner with a brand such as Me Today which provides a point of
    difference through its multi-category approach and high quality products
    supporting and promoting wellness from the inside out."

Me Today can also confirm that despite the COVID-19 challenges faced over the
    last year, the company has continued to grow in line with expectations with
    annual gross revenue for FY21 being at least $1.4m. As communicated at the
    Me Today Limited Annual Shareholders Meeting held 25 September 2020, the
    company will deliver gross run rate revenue of $2m in March 2021 with March
    revenue a minimum of $166k.

With additional sales from these new partnerships and the expanded Green
    Cross Health agreement announced previously, Me Today expects annual gross
    revenue for the financial year ending 31 March 2022 to more than double to at
    least $3m.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    MEE
    31/03/2021 13:12
    MKTUPDTE
    PRICE SENSITIVE
    REL: 1312 HRS Me Today Limited

MKTUPDTE: MEE: Me Today appoints Irish and Australian Partners

Auckland, New Zealand: Me Today Limited announces today that a distribution
    agreement has been signed for the Me Today brand in Ireland with Uniphar
    Wholesale Limited.

Uniphar Wholesale Limited is part of publicly listed Uniphar Group, a trusted
    global partner to pharma and medtech manufacturers globally with over 2,000
    employees and revenues of Euro1.8 billion. Uniphar operates a fully
    integrated model with 280 plus pharmacies trading under the Allcare, Life and
    Hickey's pharmacy banners. In addition, Uniphar has access to a network of
    1,850 pharmacies across Ireland. Product will be shipped to market in August
    2021 and the brand is expected to be on shelf, in selected stores throughout
    the Uniphar network, in September 2021.

Uniphar consumer unit business manager, Louise Martin, says, "We couldn't be
    more excited to sign this distribution agreement with Me Today and bring this
    unique, New Zealand brand to Ireland. As a beautifully designed,
    cross-category pharmacy solution, Me Today stands out on shelf and we are
    confident that it will be well received by our customers."

Me Today has also announced its first Australian retail partnership with
    Adore Beauty Group Limited. Me Today will launch a selected range of
    supplements and skincare products on both the Australian and New Zealand
    Adore Beauty sites in quarter four of 2021.

Adore Beauty is Australia's number one pureplay online beauty retailer, with
    revenue of AUD $96.2 million for the half to 31 December 2020. Its vision is
    to help women feel more confident and fabulous every day by delivering an
    empowering and engaging beauty shopping experience personalised to their
    needs.

Me Today CEO, Michael Kerr says, "We are excited about the opportunity that
    these partnerships provide the brand. In the last few months, we have had a
    large amount of interest in Me Today from retailers and distributors around
    the world with consistently positive feedback around the point of difference
    in our brand offering, the formulations, and appearance of the product
    in-store."

Adore Beauty senior category manager, Danielle Chee says, "Adore Beauty is
    excited to partner with a brand such as Me Today which provides a point of
    difference through its multi-category approach and high quality products
    supporting and promoting wellness from the inside out."

Me Today can also confirm that despite the COVID-19 challenges faced over the
    last year, the company has continued to grow in line with expectations with
    annual gross revenue for FY21 being at least $1.4m. As communicated at the
    Me Today Limited Annual Shareholders Meeting held 25 September 2020, the
    company will deliver gross run rate revenue of $2m in March 2021 with March
    revenue a minimum of $166k.

With additional sales from these new partnerships and the expanded Green
    Cross Health agreement announced previously, Me Today expects annual gross
    revenue for the financial year ending 31 March 2022 to more than double to at
    least $3m.
    This is actually some big news, and $3million expected revenue for FY2022, this puts the forward P/S ratio at roughly 10 based on today’s valuation. If they grow as expected they will be at a much lower valuation in a few years. I’m holding my shares to find out!