sharetrader
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Me Today MEE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    One would have to wonder just how vigorous the D D was before the purchase of King Honey was, I heard somewhere that the vendor had been trying to sell it for quite a while before the MEE deal was successfull , imho time will tell if this was/is a good buy, atm it does not look it to me!!

Probably very vigorous after the signing ceremony

The smart ME's probably ran away after the Cap Raise 12 months or so back

Something is pushing this up, anybody have any theories?

By the way if anyone has made a recent purchase order through the website for products, could you please share order number? I'll add it to my sales tracking spreadsheet

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Something is pushing this up, anybody have any theories?

By the way if anyone has made a recent purchase order through the website for products, could you please share order number? I'll add it to my sales tracking spreadsheet
    Maybe they sold some honey......??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Averagetrader1 View Post
    Valuation is high but what isn't these days. What are some of your bigger holdings / where else would you recommended investing for a high return on the nzx? I don't think website sales are an issue at this point but yes they do need to come up over time. Happy to leave this in draw and be patient. Cheers
    How is MEE going? Haven't been following. Let me guess... they would have issued a bunch more shares and the glamorous All Black's and their entourage are doing extremely well out of it all?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    High? It's in the stratosphere, find me another NZX company more expensive. 40 to 50 times sales? Tesla if half the price.

This is one of the most expensive companies in the world. The SP500 is currently incredible expensive, up there with most expensive in history as is the NZX but they trade around 2.8 times sales, so MEE is around 1400% more expensive on a price to sales basis which is all we can use as it's got nothing else except revenue.

To just say it has a high valuation but what hasn't, is missing the whole point. This company makes the NZX look like it's being given away free.

Yes the NZX is very expensive and therefore I don't own anything on it except Steel and Tube which I bought between 50 and 80c, still think it's cheap but not super compelling. A very likely scenario for the NZ50C would be around zero return over the next decade apart from dividends as with the SP500. Anything is of course possible.

This is the most bifurcated market possibly in history with the major indexes very high in aggregate and some nose bleed valuations in there, along with some incredible quality companies that are extremely cheap, and lots of them too.

I would say my whole portfolio average would be around 10 times earnings, so around a quarter of the price of the NZX. Biggest holding is the highest quality company in the world, Berkshire Hathaway, trading around 12/13 times earnings, followed by Markel another extremely high compounding machine. Lots of Oil/Gas in there too.

Another company Alliance Resource Partners trading at a Price to average 10 year earnings of 2 and was 1 last year and nothing has changed for it's earnings. Did 280 million free cash flow last year and the the market cap was 300... Never had a single negative quarter of cash flow.

CK Hutchinson... there's lots of incredibly cheap incredibly high quality stuff out there right now but everyone's chasing the dreams, particularly here where everyone is just looking over the same few companies and picking them over and over again or so it seems to me.
    Price matters...

MEE Today -34%

Berkshire +31%

Markel +22%

ARLP +260% PLUS dividends

CKH -6% but positive with dividends

Banned

So i think I've got this right now. You come on this forum as some sort of mentor to tell everyone to sell and that they're pretty much idiots to own at these prices. You then also seem to think that the days of true valuations are still around... They are not and surely you know this? My 3 month record has actually been quite dull but having a diverse portfolio keeps things at bay. I really have no idea why you're here?

Now you know...

Banned

Being a self righteous smart ass gets you no where.I meant what i said that steady blue chips are a safe and good play. Having some of your portfolio in smaller caps isn't a bad play for those willing to take the risks. Don't know why you're getting so defensive when i specifically asked you other small caps you would recommend then for similar risk reward. Those numbers seem terribly low though. Maybe you should consider an ETF? Not being 12 and all
    Being a fool doesn't seem to get you anywhere either.

Don't worry, a few more share issues and she'll be right.

Banned

Seriously? Tesla has A PE of circa 1000 lol. I can definitely name other nzx companies with higher valuations than MEE. Note that They are expecting revenue of over 2 mill for this period. 6 mil in bank as well. Hardly think you can be comparing those two. Look up CBD and Blis if you want to look up higher valuations. Its clear you have a low risk appetite which is totally fine. Just know that you won't likely experience any heavy gains with that portfolio. Totally respect that too. All the best!
    Sorry, also meant to ask, how are your heavy gains bro? LOL

Nice one. Bag stocks while we are in a bear market. Clown

Legend

Nice one. Bag stocks while we are in a bear market. Clown

Heavily into NTL as well by chance ?