sharetrader
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Me Today MEE

Maybe they use the capital to buy another company to "accelerate growth"? Buy the growth...

Reading between the lines it says available for selected retail holders so not sure if the $4 mill will be generally as there’s also a SPP limit 250k

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Reading between the lines it says available for selected retail holders so not sure if the $4 mill will be generally as there’s also a SPP limit 250k
    Not sure how I ended up on the Sharesies email list but it's being pushed by them:

Hi [ ],
    Today, Me Today Limited (MEE) has announced a Share Placement. A Share Placement is when a company gives investors the opportunity to buy shares at a set price, as a way to raise capital (cash).

Sharesies is providing access to the Share Placement, but we can’t offer any financial advice as to whether or not you should participate. All investing involves risk; you aren’t guaranteed to make money, and you might lose the money you start with.

Before you apply for the Share Placement, make sure to do your due diligence, consider your risk appetite, and look at how these shares might fit within your wider investment strategy and Portfolio. Head to the NZX website to find the full details of the offer.
    How does it work?

In this Share Placement, investors have the opportunity to buy Me Today Limited (MEE) shares at a set price of $0.095 NZD.

You can apply to take part in the Share Placement through Sharesies between now and 1 PM this Thursday 9 July 2020.

You can apply for any dollar ($) amount of shares you want—there’s no minimum or maximum amount you can apply for, and you won’t be charged the Sharesies transaction fee.

You MUST have enough money in your Sharesies Wallet at 1 PM on Thursday 9 July for your application to process. If you have not submitted your application and/or the money is not in your Wallet by 1 PM Thursday 9 July, you will not be included in the Share Placement.

If your application is successful, Me Today plans to allocate shares by early next week.

IMO

"Before you apply" thats a pretty clever subtle endorsement /assumption you're being privy to a great opportunity to ehh?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    "Before you apply" thats a pretty clever subtle endorsement /assumption you're being privy to a great opportunity to ehh?
    Sharesies is def a trap for new investors, the staff who run it are beyond questionable and love screwing over retail investors who have no idea what they are doing under the guise the people running sharesies somehow do

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Sharesies is def a trap for new investors, the staff who run it are beyond questionable and love screwing over retail investors who have no idea what they are doing under the guise the people running sharesies somehow do
    I've met some of the Sharesies staff....... and would dispute what you say about them. Pretty libellous statement IMHO. Take care.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I've met some of the Sharesies staff....... and would dispute what you say about them. Pretty libellous statement IMHO. Take care.
    Surprising how some people think they can post potentially defamatory and libellous comments under some false sense of impunity afforded by a thin veil of anonymity. Some should get their head straight, you are not anonymous here, you are discoverable and should behave within posting rules and the understanding that you can be singled out and challenged legally for what you say about people and companies.

percy

Perhaps some kind sensible moderator will delete his post,and save him a lot of aggro.
    We are after all suppose to be a warm welcoming caring community here on Sharetrader.?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Surprising how some people think they can post potentially defamatory and libellous comments under some false sense of impunity afforded by a thin veil of anonymity. Some should get their head straight, you are not anonymous here, you are discoverable and should behave within posting rules and the understanding that you can be singled out and challenged legally for what you say about people and companies.
    Defamatory statements? I just posted an opinion? Is that not allowed now?
    So I can't say any of my negative views about a company? I'm not in the professional finance
    world and could care less about sharesies or any financial company. A forum
    is meant to be a place to share opinions. I shared my opinion. If you disagree I don't really care but
    don't need to get passive aggressive about it.

My opinion was formed by their posts on facebook and other social media outlets that
    encourage people to use their platform freely without clearly highlighting
    risks of investing. Obviously this benefits them and is at the expense of many.
    They are a business so I don't blame them I guess. It doesn't matter if i'm not anonymous
    my statement will have no bearing on their business and people are free to hold their own
    opinion.
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 08-07-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    Defamatory statements? I just posted an opinion? Is that not allowed now?
    So I can't say any of my negative views about a company? I'm not in the professional finance
    world and could care less about sharesies or any financial company. A forum
    is meant to be a place to share opinions. I shared my opinion. If you disagree I don't really care but
    don't need to get passive aggressive about it.

My opinion was formed by their posts on facebook and other social media outlets that
    encourage people to use their platform freely without clearly highlighting
    risks of investing. Obviously this benefits them and is at the expense of many.
    They are a business so I don't blame them I guess. It doesn't matter if i'm not anonymous
    my statement will have no bearing on their business and people are free to hold their own
    opinion.
    I don’t care what you do, nor seek to moderate your comments. Just pointing out that there are enforceable standards here that are penetrable by those who choose to do so.

Fill your boots if you want to, just don’t do it thinking you are immune from consequences. Just saying, it’s your call.