Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
An investor can also write off costs against their other income (dividend). No difference as to the tax treatment there. But as an investor I do not pay tax when I do sell my shares at a profit. Rather be an investor than a trader.
Yes I understand an investor cannot trade more than a several times per year aka you can't sell and buy back into the same company in within short period of time ...
I was an investor back pre 2005 made some great returns off just several trades but was pushing it and wanted more freedom as so many times I was limited not wanting to be classed as a trader..

Glad to have formed a company and now can trade as much or little as I want ...of course one wouldn't become a trader if they had a small amount of funds and time invested weekly... accountant costs etc ... I have also used the same company to purchase property or small business operations etc

And as my focus is on risker end of the market I like the protection ability to claim capital losses against future profits ...

Yes I knew you could claim cost on taxable incomes like Dividends...but really how much tax saving do you see here ?? whats you costs being an investor ? you only trade less than few times a year