sharetrader

Default FBR - Fast Brick Robotics

Any thoughts on this stock?

FBR is robot that lays bricks, can build a 3 bed house in less than 2 days. They sell the service so the technology wont get stolen. They are setting up deal with Aust/USA and Europes largest brick manufacturer. This guy loves this company. Currently at 5 c. It went up 200% last week but dropped because of people being impaitent and market jitters but doesnt change the fundamentals.

IMO

Thanks.Havnt looked for awhile.Theyve been serial disappointments with their machines, maybe they've improved them enough to be more reliable and efficient.

Fastbrick sets new speed record of >1000 brick equivalents per hour.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/202009...8rhd505pfw.pdf

Discl: Hold a watching quantity
    Price: 6.5c
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

This company has just reached a pivotal point where it is about to disrupt the construction industry big time. They build brick houses robotically and use patented DST (Dynamic Stabilisation Technology) that allows blocks to be placed more quickly and accurately than manual bricklayers can achieve. Until July 2020, it was unknown whether the robot, which built a number of structures indoors, would actually be able to build the walls of a real home outdoors in the real world. Well, it has now built the walls of a residential home and of a commercial building, and will build two-storey structures before the end of the year. The walls of the build in Dayton are straight as a die, despite strong winds (lasers compensate for any boom movement when the robot lays the bricks). The robot cuts bricks internally within itself, and offcuts get stored and reused, so there is next to no waste. There are no piles of broken bricks, no scaffolding needed… a very tidy and safe worksite. Just go to the FBR website and check it out. They have loads of videos documenting the company’s progress to date. There’s a huge shortage of housing and of brick/block layers around the world, and FBR offers a robotic solution. There are no close competitors either. An adhesive (already approved and well-established in the industry) rather than mortar is used. The robot can work in rain when manual bricklayers wouldn’t. It did work in rain and hail on the commercial build this month. It finished in 3.5 days what would have normally taken three weeks, and did a better job than people could due to achieving accuracy within one millimetre. Once the pandemic situation stabilises, the company will be building houses globally, with strong interest coming from Saudi Arabia and Mexico. Disclosure: I hold shares in FBR.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxmoth View Post
    This company has just reached a pivotal point where it is about to disrupt the construction industry big time. They build brick houses robotically and use patented DST (Dynamic Stabilisation Technology) that allows blocks to be placed more quickly and accurately than manual bricklayers can achieve. Until July 2020, it was unknown whether the robot, which built a number of structures indoors, would actually be able to build the walls of a real home outdoors in the real world. Well, it has now built the walls of a residential home and of a commercial building, and will build two-storey structures before the end of the year. The walls of the build in Dayton are straight as a die, despite strong winds (lasers compensate for any boom movement when the robot lays the bricks). The robot cuts bricks internally within itself, and offcuts get stored and reused, so there is next to no waste. There are no piles of broken bricks, no scaffolding needed… a very tidy and safe worksite. Just go to the FBR website and check it out. They have loads of videos documenting the company’s progress to date. There’s a huge shortage of housing and of brick/block layers around the world, and FBR offers a robotic solution. There are no close competitors either. An adhesive (already approved and well-established in the industry) rather than mortar is used. The robot can work in rain when manual bricklayers wouldn’t. It did work in rain and hail on the commercial build this month. It finished in 3.5 days what would have normally taken three weeks, and did a better job than people could due to achieving accuracy within one millimetre. Once the pandemic situation stabilises, the company will be building houses globally, with strong interest coming from Saudi Arabia and Mexico. Disclosure: I hold shares in FBR.
    Hi , The Saudi's have been involved for a long time .This is not new news.... what will count is how many homes they actually build .
    https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-6A847026/

I have a small 'watching' holding of these. On some days I do wonder if it is like the Segue - a solution to a problem that doesn't really exist. " 42% of startups that fail, do so because they are solving a problem that doesn’t really exist and so nobody wants their solution."
    I guess we will see very soon.
    “Instead of thinking “I’m right”, ask yourself “How do I know I am right?” Find the smartest people to disagree with you so you can stress test your ideas.” Ray Dalio

It solves some real problems:

Shortage of brick/block layers causing delays and raising costs.

Falls, sprains, sunburn, brickies back, and danger associated with cutting bricks.

Wastage associated with conventional bricklaying.

The need to erect scaffolding, lay out string, mix mortar, take measurements when doing it the conventional way.

Inferior strength of using mortar.

Some conventionally done jobs lack precision.

Humans not being able to work in wind, rain or hail.

Those real issues are all overcome by using the Hadian-X.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

UK company, Construction Automation, doing a similar thing, but with proper bricks
    om mani peme hum

Like the SAM robot, it needs rails to run on. The Hadrian-X does not need rails.