sharetrader

Thread: Rookie mistakes

Hybrid View

And you wonder why newbies get confused

But seriously, I appreciate both your posts and points of view. I find it really interesting that seasoned, experienced investors frequently have significantly different perspectives on things. Knowing that actually makes me feel better/more confident as it shows that sometimes there are no black and white, rights and wrongs. Much of it is just calculated risk on the day.

Thanks for all the comments people

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I think you did exactly the right thing Justakiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Yes, that was a bad move.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    And you wonder why newbies get confused

But seriously, I appreciate both your posts and points of view. I find it really interesting that seasoned, experienced investors frequently have significantly different perspectives on things. Knowing that actually makes me feel better/more confident as it shows that sometimes there are no black and white, rights and wrongs. Much of it is just calculated risk on the day.
    Actually I agree with Snowie as regards to dollar cost averaging into funds ( e.g. Kingfish) with a widespread shareholding in a correction. My caution was against buying a 'specific share' ( e.g. Heartland Group Holdings) in a time of major disruption without knowing the impact on the business outlook for that 'specific share'.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 25-06-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7