sharetrader
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    The guy running this company has pedigree. He's a workaholic with big aspirations. I'm expecting this company to fly.

AfterPay got America.... LayBuy will hopefully own England and Europe.

Australia and NZ were merely test beds for both brands. Looking forward to November for half yearly results.

Incidentally, check out LayBuys LinkedIn page.... every week they are announcing big retail chain sign-ups in England. Sign ups are ballooning.
    I agree with your sentiment, but I do wonder if they've left it a bit late for an international expansion. Afterpay has huge amounts of capital and entered the UK 12 months ago, US has more than three BNPL competitors and Australia is saturated by Afterpay & ZIP. Then there's PayPal also entering BNPL.

UK presents the best opportunity for Laybuy, but even with a large share in NZ they only have 13m revenue, so i do wonder if its worth the current price when they might only get 50m to 100m revenue from the UK - and that's if they succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I agree with your sentiment, but I do wonder if they've left it a bit late for an international expansion. Afterpay has huge amounts of capital and entered the UK 12 months ago, US has more than three BNPL competitors and Australia is saturated by Afterpay & ZIP. Then there's PayPal also entering BNPL.

UK presents the best opportunity for Laybuy, but even with a large share in NZ they only have 13m revenue, so i do wonder if its worth the current price when they might only get 50m to 100m revenue from the UK - and that's if they succeed.
    I guess that's the punt we are taking when we're buying into the company at the start of its journey. It's all about the people in the organisation and whether you believe they have the stamina to turn this into a beast or average business that could become a great acquisition target for one of the bigger players.

In terms of getting their claws into the UK market, I like how they have partnered & reduced commission rates for some big well-known e-commerce brands to get their brand in front of consumers. Partnerships are the key here. AfterPay may feel they don't need to do those as they are big enough already. Anyway we'll find out in November. But the race is on

Any thoughts on here about Laybuy? It's been absolutely smashed since listing. Currently at 79 cents, after peaking above $2 post listing last year.

They seem to be delivering on all their promises and prospectus with growth above 100% YoY and forecasted to continue. Clearly the market is not buying it though and thinks the company is on the way out?

To me it is the best value BNPL on the market, although it's obviously a very competitive market and they have less cash to invest aggressively in growth.

DFABPCLMB

I think you partially answered your question in post #22 regarding PayPal.

Is there a DD on this anywhere? What is the current/projected EPS and/or NTA etc.?

I had a look on their website, lots of fancy exponential graphs, bright colours and arrows going aiming North East, but very little I could sink my teeth into regarding "traditional" financials: https://laybuyinvestors.com/investor-centre/

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    I think you partially answered your question in post #22 regarding PayPal.

Is there a DD on this anywhere? What is the current/projected EPS and/or NTA etc.?

I had a look on their website, lots of fancy exponential graphs, bright colours and arrows going aiming North East, but very little I could sink my teeth into regarding "traditional" financials: https://laybuyinvestors.com/investor-centre/
    Yes I did think it might be overvalued at listing with so much competition, but at 150m market cap it seems to be pretty good value compared to the BNPL segments where others are trading on multiples of 20x revenue. I would think Laybuy would be a significant takeover target for z1p or another company looking to get into the industry, or scale more rapidly in the UK.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Yes I did think it might be overvalued at listing with so much competition, but at 150m market cap it seems to be pretty good value compared to the BNPL segments where others are trading on multiples of 20x revenue.
    Was there a DD (elsewhere?) to support the view it was over-valued at IPO? Rather than look at LayBuy relative to other BNPL entities, I would like to know how it's share price compares to the value of it's business. I'm not a fan of revenue multiples. I won't be doing anything in the absence of some fundamentals, but will keep an eye out for this in future. Thanks for the heads up.

Income doubles while share price collapses

Laybuy boss shrugs off share price slide as it targets $1b in sales
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/personal-...ectid=12446442
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Maybe the start of an uptrend. Maybe they can use consultants rather than full time employees to manage their costs.
    They'll have the international experience too.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 17-06-2021 at 06:19 PM.

Guru

Two large 100k shares on the buy side at 50c to provide some support.

88M total market cap now

Laybuy up 9% today

Punters thinking they next in line to be acquired
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”