sharetrader
Page 119 of 479 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 4789
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not the only parallel between Putin and Hitler. Hitler liked his hiding place in the mountains of Berchtesgaden (Obersalzberg).

Lets hope the world manages to deal faster and (for the world) less painful with Putin then it dealt with Hitler. Appeasement is clearly the wrong way to deal with monsters like those.
    Putin has nuclear weapons. He is a thug but let’s hope he is content only with threats to use them. He seems to hold both his own people and others with little regard.

I am amazed that given what has transpired over the weekend (nuclear war threats ramped up/Swift settlement sanctions etc) that the NZX50 is currently higher!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 28-02-2022 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Putin has nuclear weapons. He is a thug but let’s hope he is content only with threats to use them. He seems to hold both his own people and others with little regard.

I am amazed that given what has transpired over the weekend (nuclear war threats ramped up/Swift settlement sanctions etc) that the NZX50 is currently higher!
    Lets face it - if we are too afraid to stop this thug because we fear the nuclear option, then Putin has already won. If that's what's stopping us, then the West will do anything for him and only ask "how far" if he asks us to bend over.

Well, lets face it - this is what we are doing. We didn't stop him to take parts of Georgia. We didn't stop him to take the Crim and parts of the Eastern Ukraine. We played football with his slaves and fed and entertained his cronies - I hear London is an amazing place for Putin's crooks to enjoy their life and relax when they need a place to recover from the stress of exploiting the Russian people.

The West will need to choose whether it wants to serve as Putin's lackey's ... or whether we are prepared to stand up and (yes - potentially suffer) for the rights of the world.

People decided to put their lives on the line to stop Hitler and many actually did die for their peoples freedom. Not more or less is what we need to do now to stop Putin. And lets face it - it makes little difference for the individual whether they are killed by Hitler's conventional rockets or by Putin's nuclear bombs ... and hey - the West has nuclear weapons as well. I hope they are in better maintenance then Putin's troup transporters already running out of gas in the Ukraine.

Lets use them as soon as Putin's prepares the launch for the first nuclear armed missile - and lets use plenty - Russia is large ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Time to buy defence stocks in US and Europe.

The Rubble is going to just get slammed.

China might even follow some sanctions like oil. They have followed the US line on this before because china values it trade with the world MORE then Russia.

China does not want belt and road to be de railed.

Russia could actually become a sub state of china and china uses this to get leverage over russia..
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-02-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    Time to buy defence stocks in US and Europe.
    And/or their suppliers..

Guru

"And/or their suppliers.."

you bet!

Sanctioning the Russian Central Bank IS the BIG weapon.

Last edited by Waltzing; 28-02-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Lets face it - if we are too afraid to stop this thug because we fear the nuclear option, then Putin has already won. If that's what's stopping us, then the West will do anything for him and only ask "how far" if he asks us to bend over.

Well, lets face it - this is what we are doing. We didn't stop him to take parts of Georgia. We didn't stop him to take the Crim and parts of the Eastern Ukraine. We played football with his slaves and fed and entertained his cronies - I hear London is an amazing place for Putin's crooks to enjoy their life and relax when they need a place to recover from the stress of exploiting the Russian people.

The West will need to choose whether it wants to serve as Putin's lackey's ... or whether we are prepared to stand up and (yes - potentially suffer) for the rights of the world.

People decided to put their lives on the line to stop Hitler and many actually did die for their peoples freedom. Not more or less is what we need to do now to stop Putin. And lets face it - it makes little difference for the individual whether they are killed by Hitler's conventional rockets or by Putin's nuclear bombs ... and hey - the West has nuclear weapons as well. I hope they are in better maintenance then Putin's troup transporters already running out of gas in the Ukraine.

Lets use them as soon as Putin's prepares the launch for the first nuclear armed missile - and lets use plenty - Russia is large ...
    "Lets use them as soon as Putin's prepares the launch for the first nuclear armed missile - and lets use plenty - Russia is large"
    Large with million of innocent people

So you'll be signing up then BP? I hear Ukraine is taking volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    "Lets use them as soon as Putin's prepares the launch for the first nuclear armed missile - and lets use plenty - Russia is large"
    Large with million of innocent people
    True, but so is Ukraine which you seem to be happy to sacrifice and so is the part of the West coming next ...

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    "

So you'll be signing up then BP? I hear Ukraine is taking volunteers
    Well, actually - I did my part in the late 70-ies - serving actually quite close to the iron curtain. Sure - we hoped that nothing will happen, but we all understood that our lives are on the line if it does.

Maybe time now for appeasers to do something sensible and take up weapons? How long do you want to kiss Putin's feet?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

be supportive of euro defence and buy defence stocks.

True, but so is Ukraine which you seem to be happy to sacrifice and so is the part of the West coming next ...

Well, actually - I did my part in the late 70-ies - serving actually quite close to the iron curtain. Sure - we hoped that nothing will happen, but we all understood that our lives are on the line if it does.

Maybe time now for appeasers to do something sensible and take up weapons? How long do you want to kiss Putin's feet?
    Lol, I think all your talk about dropping nuclear bombs on a man who you deem crazy for threating to drop nuclear bombs says enough

And no im with Ukraine but i feel sorry for all those innocent Russians who will now suffer from Putins actions

Guru

war maybe is costing russia over 20 billion a day. Russia may have reserves it may not now be able to access them as the central bank is shut down. But its listed private sector high debt may be under on going stress as well.

Russia was supposed to be is a position to easily wear this but today on markets the investment banks are now wondering if they made a big mistake investing there.

It appears most commentators did not image the full extent of banking options to block the russian central bank from accessing markets.

BP now bumping its holdings.

Australia and other country's that are net exporters of wheat will benefit from this.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 28-02-2022 at 01:19 PM.