sharetrader
Page 123 of 479 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 4789

Can anybody tell me why that column of tanks and other vehicles has been allowed to sit in the same position for almost 24hrs and no attempt that we know of has been made to sabotage them or just launch an all out attack on them.If nothing is done then it makes all those Hollywood produced crap movies untrue.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Can anybody tell me why that column of tanks and other vehicles has been allowed to sit in the same position for almost 24hrs and no attempt that we know of has been made to sabotage them or just launch an all out attack on them.If nothing is done then it makes all those Hollywood produced crap movies untrue.
    Ukraine doesn't have any a-10 'tank busting' warthogs or apache helicopters. that convoy was made for the a-10 warthog!
    There is plenty of behind the line attacks on supply and logistics occurring that is probably more impactful than a direct attack on the convoy itself, given the weapons the ukraine have in hand.

Herbacious

The updates from this site are generally worth a read:
    https://www.understandingwar.org/

Putin was a politician who became a comedian
    Zelensky was a comedian who became a politician

Its mostly trucks not tanks in that column

Most of the Ukraine army is in the east and has been encircled, Russia now has control of the skies.

Putin was a politician who became a comedian
    Zelensky was a comedian who became a politician
    Not sure about your description of Putin. Putin used to be one of the KGB butchers - once a crook & murderer, always a crook & murderer. I don't find him very funny these days either. He is clearly out of his depth, but considering the arsenal of weapons he has at his avail (even if half of them seems to be out of fuel or out of maintenance or both) he is clearly dangerous.

Zelensky used to be a good comedian (which is a a tough job) ... and yes, he turned into an inspirational leader and motivator.

I guess it is true - The Ukrainians used to be not just the best soldiers in the Red army but also provided the most important politicians the Soviet empire had at its avail. Ukrainians did run the Soviet union for more than half of its time:

https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/ho...et-union-53932

Nikita Khrushchev was raised in the Ukraine

Leonid Brezhnev was born and raised in the Ukraine

Mikhail Gorbachev is an Ukrainian

After the crumbling of the Soviet Union had Russia only a sad bunch of inept crooks left to choose from. They picked Putin and I don't think that he was even the best of a bad bunch. What a disgrace.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Tanks are 30 year old tech.

They excel against infantry though sadly. Ukraine could do with some artillery and rockets with the CIA acting as spotters for them.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post
    Most of the Ukraine army is in the east and has been encircled, Russia now has control of the skies.
    I had understood that one of Russia's biggest issues was that they did not have control of the skies. Care to elaborate? Thanks.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-uk...01e24acdff2908
    Last edited by Davexl; 02-03-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Are the Russian military being semi-incompetent deliberately?