sharetrader
Page 66 of 479 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No difference at all - all Russian crooks.
    Mafia state with little to offer the world.

Permanently backwards.

Guru

"I like Russian people."

they even read Win the Poo Bear in Moscow and love it...

people at heart the same all over the world...just they seem to need leaders... instead of leading themselves..

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    "I like Russian people."

they even read Win the Poo Bear in Moscow and love it...

people at heart the same all over the world...just they seem to need leaders... instead of leading themselves..
    Not sure about Win the poo, but agree with the sentiment. The Russians do have as many good and as many bad people as any other representative group of people.

The problem is - they do have currently a system which promotes the really bad people into leadership positions ... but hey, many countries have this problem and even the Americans (leaders of the Western world) recently just dodged a bullet in that regard, i.e. no reason to be smug.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvyZp0Xks54

friends in Moscow love it... software programmers..

one of our components was written by 2 programmers , one from the Donbas the other from Moscow.. Code is fast and they can Hack anything...they love hacking machine memory.. But these days there are ways of moving those addresses that means a russian hacker can be defeated..

this code is great stuff though and we use it often.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 07-12-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Prepare a swift response to Russia invading Ukraine, Latvia tells west

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vasion-warning

No doubt Latvia would like Nato to stand up to Russia, instead of getting invaded itself, but is Nato actually prepared to fight Russia?
    or is it merely a case of sanctions again instead to appease and save Western lives...Nato looks more like a political body than a military one...

I like the Russian people too (they also build great submarines!), and MAD has stopped a nuclear war so far (We survived the Cold War) but at some point a price may need to be paid once again sadly - is our generation going to be the one to make that decision to affect our kids - is Ukraine worth that much?

Glad these decisions are way above my pay-grade and I am merely an investor in the South West Pacific...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Prepare a swift response to Russia invading Ukraine, Latvia tells west

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...vasion-warning

No doubt Latvia would like Nato to stand up to Russia, instead of getting invaded itself, but is Nato actually prepared to fight Russia?
    or is it merely a case of sanctions again instead to appease and save Western lives...Nato looks more like a political body than a military one...

I like the Russian people too (they also build great submarines!), and MAD has stopped a nuclear war so far (We survived the Cold War) but at some point a price may need to be paid once again sadly - is our generation going to be the one to make that decision to affect our kids - is Ukraine worth that much?

Glad these decisions are way above my pay-grade and I am merely an investor in the South West Pacific...
    I suppose an invasion into (parts of Ukraine) would result "only" in a bunch of pretty stiff sanctions .... which Putin may or may not like (I recon he won't). It likely would as well mean a stop for delivering gas from Russia to Europe through the existing gas pipeline and the new pipeline would be stopped in its tracks forever. Russians would very fast run out of cash and you will be surprised how happy the US will be to sell their LPG to Europe instead. Win-win.

However - Latvia is part of the NATO (the Ukraine is not) - i.e. an attack against Latvia would automatically be seen as a military attack against all NATO countries. That's what the NATO contract says. Well, I recon this would be a step too far even for the liar and crook Putin. Not a lot of fun fighting a war against some 28 countries who combine altogether something like 60% of the total world spend for defense.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I dont think Russia wants Ukraine its a bit of a failed state.. They are interested in the Russians living in the Donbass region

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

As far as Ukraine goes, I rather think that Russia has helped Ukraine "fail", and so is probably relatively happy with the status quo.

Further to the east, this should give everyone enough sticks to beat everyone else. . .

https://media.defense.gov/2021/Dec/1...TER%202021.PDF

Guru

Navalny's daughter speaks to EU parliament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gi__MEJwqA

The real life Kaitness everdeen ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Navalny's daughter speaks to EU parliament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gi__MEJwqA

The real life Kaitness everdeen ?
    There are so many simple steps the EU Parliament could take against Russia's regime.
    Really - what are they afraid of? The hypocrisy of the "Pragmatists"...
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford