sharetrader

Thread: You shop

Advanced Member

Default You shop

Anyone have much experience of using You Shop to bring items in from the UK?

Bought something on UK Amazon that does not ship here so used You shop, trouble is they are claiming it is not at their warehouse yet, over a week after the Amazon company say they sent it there.

Is You shop often very slow? If it anything like their courier service then it probably sitting in the warehouse gathering dust. Should I be complaining yet (a hassle) or are they always slow and useless?

Last time I used Youshop UK they were slow, but not as slow as 15 days to get from Auckland Airport to Silverdale

Have used YouShop from the US several times. Not super fast but reasonable timeframe. UK may have a backlog processing items in and out. That would not be too surprising as they are still under restricted hours and that would apply to couriers as well.

Use CourierPost a lot for NZ deliveries (sending and receiving). Pretty decent delivery times even under April / May / June pressure but they say they are back to normal delivery times now. Pick ups and deliveries this week have been right on time.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

I've used them a bit. Amazon should give you a tracking number so you can check if it's been delivered to the warehouse. It can take a while for it to be logged to your account sometimes. Normally it's 2-5 days once it reaches the warehouse. The last one I did a week or so ago was about 10 days at the warehouse until it showed in my account. It's good to fill out the expected parcel form and give them the original tracking number.

I have used them but depending on the value of items it is not always that cost effective and I would only do it in situations where the seller won't ship to NZ. Because you are sending to a UK address you will be charged UK VAT by the seller and then when the goods arrive here you may be charged GST. Whilst you can claim the VAT back if you prove the goods were exported it is a hassle. The times I have used them the goods turned up ion time as expected and I had a tracking number from the seller to the YouShop warehouse and then another one from YouShop to me.

As above per the posts above. Generally if you can have the item shipped directly, and it is a single item, then it can be cheaper to use the integrated shipping options from the supplier.

The scenarios I generally use it for are:
    1. The item will not ship to NZ, so an intermediary is required.
    2. If you are shipping multiple items from stores within the same country, then you can have Youshop combine those items for which savings can be significant.

HTH