sharetrader
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Blackwell International (BGI)

There’s a few penny dreadful stocks that seem to pop out of no where with a share price increase, BGI seems to have spike from nothing a month ago really with no news, volume increasing also.

It’s a tiny finance firm looses $ and has some cash in the bank.

Disc: I have both a tiny amount but don’t really get what other value justifies the increase.

Thoughts ? Potential Backdoor listing shell or just spec ?

Sharsies offers it, and there are over 2,000 bids at 4.8c chasing it up. Looks like sharsies people chasing themselves up the ladder for no reason to me...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    There’s a few penny dreadful stocks that seem to pop out of no where with a share price increase, BGI seems to have spike from nothing a month ago really with no news, volume increasing also.

It’s a tiny finance firm looses $ and has some cash in the bank.

Disc: I have both a tiny amount but don’t really get what other value justifies the increase.

Thoughts ? Potential Backdoor listing shell or just spec ?

Good point - increase today too

The earlier postings are in the NZ Finance thread -

https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...n-Empire/page8

Thanks for link sorry didn’t know there was one relating to the nzf brand but happy to continue thread on either.

There’s a really strange possibly computer generated did for 10 million shares for 1000 plus buyers at 5c not sure if it’s a bot

Either way given this tiny company looses money and no news seems odd why it would go up 400% in a matter of weeks.

I've just bought into this one too. Not a lot but interested to see how this pans out. Perhaps an announcement on Monday?

Highest trading volume for ages even though the values not huge I just wonder why, grabbed a few grands worth at 4.7c so we see what pans out.

There’s been some good interest in reverse takeovers around the place to get companies to market quick.

I think its more to do with the fact its at the top of the Sharesies "Invest - Companies" list - so it gets first crack...

Thanks Marine I’ve never seen sharies but that sounds logical, could be one of those penny dreadfuls which hit .10 for no logical reason

Interesting with apps like RobinHood etc in the USA (like Sharesies) there is research to show things like "coolness of the ticker name" and the order of offer are key selection criteria - amazing. Its the financial equivalent of selecting a batsman with an artificially high average but no other metrics like total aggregate runs etc. so when the first name on the list shows 1000% return a newbie is going to think thats a bargain and pile on
    Quote Originally Posted by etrader View Post
    Thanks Marine I’ve never seen sharies but that sounds logical, could be one of those penny dreadfuls which hit .10 for no logical reason

Up another 12% so far again today...