sharetrader
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Yvonne did you hold BGI shares?

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Yvonne did you hold BGI shares?
    When i order to sell the market halted. And next day price dropped dramatically. Since non tangible asset has no confirmed written out regulation to value it. It is quite subjective thing. So can be changed at any time? And fair for public? I dont think so. Welcome people pm me for this and put them to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    When i order to sell the market halted. And next day price dropped dramatically. Since non tangible asset has no confirmed written out regulation to value it. It is quite subjective thing. So can be changed at any time? And fair for public? I dont think so. Welcome people pm me for this and put them to court.
    I believe it is ultimately the trader's responsibility to do their own research before buying into a stock and not rely on a third party website to report a false "NTA" value, keeping in mind most of the people that bought into BGI probably have never heard of that term in their life.

Doing their own research includes looking at past reports, conducting their own DCF on the company, looking at the company's previous share price trading ranges etc etc.

I don't believe it is the insider's fault for selling shares when they've gone ~1000% for no apparent reason, others would probably do that as well in that situation.

Take it as a lesson learnt and move on

Such a coincidence. Director firstly sell at peak and then find out the real subjective value on goodwill should be 100 time less. what a smart show!! Very Untrustworthy people in this company.

Losing thousands of dollars for this?? Can anyone give some respect to rules to NZX
    Last edited by Yvonne; 28-07-2020 at 05:32 PM.

This is why you must do your own research and always invest what your willing to lose, There is a Sharsies Fb page that i browse and there was a popular post over this the day it crashed and a lot of people were angry yet none of them could give a good answer as to why they had invested in the first place apart from following the trend blindly. Some even felt they did a great job because they had come out with 100s% in return which yes they did but this could have just as easily been them if they had held any longer as they had no reason either.

Such a coincidence. Director firstly sell at peak and then find out the real subjective value on goodwill should be 100 time less. what a smart show!! Very Untrustworthy people in this company.

Losing thousands of dollars for this?? Can anyone give some respect to rules to NZX
    NTA is Net Tangible Assets not "Non Tangible Assets". It is not "goodwill". I don't believe you bought because of a high NTA figure but because it spend a few days in the top growth bracket for the day. FOMO and dare I say greed caused many people to buy without doing any real analysis.

The directors didn't sell at peak. I don't believe there was any intent to deceive on their part. When it is so easy to check, why would they?

Investing directly in companies isn't for everyone and funds can make share investing easier if the investor lacks time or skills for analysis.

Legend

Would you be complaining if it had gone to NZ $0.20 / share ?

Remember, on the stockmarkets - a rapid rise can in absence of pertinent announcements for this - can turn into an equally rapid descent as well .. That is the risk .. That is the nature of the market.
    Always do your own research & diligence on a target company of interest, before pressing the Buy / Sell whatever button.
    If you are not using a Financial Advisor or Sharebroker who provides specific advice on the share(s) of interest, then ultimately you take that risk on - yourself

That is - risk of Gain or Loss or Status Quo etc, depending on prevailing Market sentiment & movements

To reiterate .. in today's very turbulent & uncertain times in global & domestic markets, it is absolutely essential to research yourself or to seek specific Broker / Financial Adviser advices in Equity Markets or you take all investment risk onboard yourself

There is no automatic guarantee of a share price movement up, down or otherwise, no free lunch, and no guarantee of dividends, a company's performance, performance of any particular sector or the economy etc..

Experienced investors have spent considerable time in watching & analysing Equities that are of interest to them, also the economic conditions and measuring their risk.
    Last edited by nztx; 29-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.

And you may well wonder how much of this sorry mess could have been advoided if folks were paying $15 to $30 brokerage on a $500 minimum investment... brave new world these low/no brokerage platforms.

While I agree this was extremely dodgy, I feel like you need to take responsibility for your decision of investing into a company with an extremely bad balance sheet and fundamentals. There was no clear reason why it should have been appreciating in shareprice.

It's not your fault and I'm not trying to blame you as it's human nature to chase $$. But you should use this as a lesson and realise that easy money is lost easy too most of the time. You could have exited before the halt, and made some gains why didn't you do that? Either way if you choose to invest with this style understand the risk of a halt occurring when you don't want it to.

Goodwill is excluded from NTA so no luck there bud.

If a share price goes up ~1000% and you join in based on the hype (or thinking NTA includes Goodwill...) and without proper understanding of the company/due diligence it's no one else fault but your own when it falls back to earth.

The Sharesies crowd really need to put some time into proper analysis and understanding of financials, rather than buying penny stocks cos they are cheap or the latest hype. Expensive lesson.