sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 G. Stocks

I will admit that in being sceptical of technology benefits in the past I have mostly been wrong although I still think the govt shouldnt have rolled out fibre (but thats more of a who pays issue)
    I would need to see more practical commercially viable uses of 5G before I'd invest in it directly.
    And we need to identify the companies too. For instance are we talking about Telstra. Coz we probably should be and they're a dog. Perhaps the dog will have its day soon. My understanding is that cost of rolling out the technology makes it very hard to be profitable especially when every telco wants to ride your back but thankfully they werent allowed to.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

IMO

Motley fool have identified Aus and uSA stocks to research. Most have jumped in response. ive been watching 5GN for a while and will wait until the traders have taken profits.

Guru

Anyone buying Ericsson & Apple?
    Ericsson already bumped,but analysts very bullish
    https://www.marketscreener.com/ERICS...18/financials/
    https://www.marketscreener.com/APPLE...49/financials/

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is there a thread regarding 5 G stocks , or does anyone know of a list of companies that Are on the ASX that are involved in it, or might grow with it ?
    RAK:NZX is exposed to the 5g rollout...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    RAK:NZX is exposed to the 5g rollout...
    They were exposed to the smartphone roll out as well . ........unless their equipment is actually used in the rollout of 5G and you see announcements of sales be wary.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    FWIW CMC do a 5G share basket and while I cant provide you with the stocks included as its not provided I can show you the chart
    It starts from early 2019 to present.
    Attachment 11815

my view based on the chart would be that you are arriving very late to the party but hey who knows....
    They are there Peat Dont think any of M/F picks are there fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    They are there Peat Dont think any of M/F picks are there fwiw.
    Thanks, yes I see it now on their website. Looks like the top 10 stocks would be in a lot of tech portfolios
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

5GN.ASX has been recommended by a few research houses since MAY 2020 (that I am aware of). 5GC recently placed shares at $1.23 (institutional) and rights share plan to existing holders at $1.14 (which were listed today). It touched $2.07 and went down all the way to $1.70 but still higher than the recent $1.14 price, just a few days back. The equity is very small, only 90m shares.
    5G technology is just getting started and driverless cars etc cannot work without 5G and many other tech benefits. Apple is heavily investing in this too. I agree, 5G is only getting started now. I continue to hold 5GN. Let's see where it goes in the next few weeks/months.

percy

"Relating to the announcement, IKE CEO Glenn Milnes, commented.
    + We are pleased to be working with this tier-1 infrastructure group. Our objective is to get them
    to market faster, be it fiber or 5G construction. For this particular customer, the IKE platform
    has proven to more than double their pre-construction speeds for network deployments. "
    So IKE may be in the right place at the right time.