sharetrader
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Greenfern

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Sorry if editing wasn't great, hard to paste in from original document and the some links wont work, I can sort them out if people want them.
    You did well..

Sorry if editing wasn't great, hard to paste in from original document and the some links wont work, I can sort them out if people want them.
    Well done Sir.

I see can why you had concerns for another listed company. I also see another listed company as well with links. Geez scary stuff.

You make an excellent point, do DD and don't believe the hype.

Banned

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.

It is really sad that this stuff is happening, particularly the shilling by Sharesies. They pushed out the glossy info through their platform and a bubbly young friend of mine who is super keen on getting into investing, was telling me about her investment in Greenfern with passion and hope for an amazing outcome.

The result of these situations just means more people disengaged with the capital markets and skeptical of the whole system.

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.

It is really sad that this stuff is happening, particularly the shilling by Sharesies. They pushed out the glossy info through their platform and a bubbly young friend of mine who is super keen on getting into investing, was telling me about her investment in Greenfern with passion and hope for an amazing outcome.

The result of these situations just means more people disengaged with the capital markets and skeptical of the whole system.
    I enjoyed reading your post, it is excellently researched. I tried giving you reputation for it but for whatever reason the site wouldn't let me. I remember receiving a couple emails from Sharesies about Greenfern and seeing popups on the website, which I didn't give much thought at the time.

I hope you were able to convince your friend to sell her shares in Greenfern before she lost too much money.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I enjoyed reading your post, it is excellently researched. I tried giving you reputation for it but for whatever reason the site wouldn't let me. I remember receiving a couple emails from Sharesies about Greenfern and seeing popups on the website, which I didn't give much thought at the time.

I hope you were able to convince your friend to sell her shares in Greenfern before she lost too much money.

Cheers, yes she actually made a little money...

But thinking through how she made money, it would have been by selling to another person like herself. Zero sum game, where people are all just making money off other people with the insiders taking most of it.

Unlike a company creating a product or service that creates real new value to the economy and many people can benefit without it being at the expense of others.

Quite the research and write-up! Great effort.
    All of it feels so depressingly predatory, yet somehow "legal"... vehicles created to feed on each other, all the while sucking in the unwary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottagestyles View Post
    While reading through this please remember that when this company was desperately seeking money after having taken so much money out for themselves and the conventional route failed, it was pushed on Sharesies’ clients via their app, email list, website and Facebook page. Sharesies say that their aim is to democratise investing and before we were graced with their presence, they say that investing was too hard, too complex, and too damned scary for too manyThey are supposed to champion the rights of the small retail investor and state ‘Our investing experience works towards giving people the confidence and control to invest. We believe that by giving someone the opportunity to invest—while supporting them to learn—we’ll create a community of financially empowered peopleThe reality is that they at a minimum have broken their fiduciary obligation to their clients and are complicit in what ultimately could be viewed as fraud - but you can judge for yourselves.
    Yes, I think Sharesies absolutely betrayed small investors and were absolutely negligent on their part (at a minimum) to make money for themselves and I hate that company because they did this
    Last edited by shareman; 31-05-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Excellent read, thank you for posting.

Advanced Member

Fascinating. Thanks. Pity it has not been picked up by the media.
    Pleased I didn't pursue the GreenFern "opportunity"...declined without knowing all of this, that's for sure.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/380882

Due to commence trading on the NZX on Thursday 21st Oct 2021.

'Reference price' $0.25

Disc: not interested
    Posted 13-10-2021.
    You were right not to be interested.
    I must have read your post and flagged it too.
    Pity others did not know your excellent investment reputation.