sharetrader
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    IMO

I suggested 75c to my friend who is a foundation holder

Well done to all the traders today... for every seller, there's a buyer... I pity anyone buying for more than zero and intending to hold longer than 24 months.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ten View Post
    Well done to all the traders today... for every seller, there's a buyer... I pity anyone buying for more than zero and intending to hold longer than 24 months.
    How is this kind of listing even allowed by the NZX?
    All listings like this (insert CBD too)will ultimately teach the sharsies newbies that the NZSX is just gambling and ultimately confirm the general public advice "just put in what you are prepared to loose. "

After this RUA (RUAness) experience works out to its inevitable conclusion, the takeaway lesson will be carried with them for a decade or two ahead when they really do have some dosh, is to only invest in bricks and mortar ...something that you can touch. (anybody heard this before?)

A good case case study of how badly investing in a new company based almost solely on market hype at the time can go is MOA . Listing 7 years ago in the age of the craft beer revolution , a lot of investment ( and brewing ) naive middle age men, were drawn to the sexiness of own a piece of a brewery.

Luckily, in todays case , the eventual loss of their capital won't be too scarring as it's probably little more than the cost of a few dozen DB Export.
    Last edited by Maverick; 23-10-2020 at 07:04 AM.

But Maverick !
    This company needs capital, and that is what stock exchanges are principally designed to provide.
    We may have our doubts about their business model but they could succeed. No one knows they wont. So yes it should be allowed , there is obviously capital out there looking for risk. Hey I'm not suggesting by any stretch I personally think it is a good investment. But they have a plan, a story, and some people are prepared to back them. They're doing research , paying salaries, growing plants that breathe out oxygen , it is all good enterprise, something this country needs more of apart from sheep and cows and houses.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    But Maverick !
    This company needs capital, and that is what stock exchanges are principally designed to provide.
    We may have our doubts about their business model but they could succeed. No one knows they wont. So yes it should be allowed , there is obviously capital out there looking for risk. Hey I'm not suggesting by any stretch I personally think it is a good investment. But they have a plan, a story, and some people are prepared to back them. They're doing research , paying salaries, growing plants that breathe out oxygen , it is all good enterprise, something this country needs more of apart from sheep and cows and houses.
    As I say, for every (willing) seller there's a (naive) buyer... it's a free market which has plenty of fools willing to be separated with their money...

...More cliches in that last sentence than Rua has a chance of being profitable in 2 years.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    But Maverick !
    Great balanced and reasoned post thanks .We need to expand out from the traditional farming and CBD is a multi billion $ industry and growing fast with increasing use and acceptance, because it works and demand is increasing rapidly .

"How is this listing even allowed....." What on earth are you on Maverick? Whats your agenda here i hope its not racist or anti cannabis or a religious nut outburst. Hoping for some balanced reply from you and not some weird reactive stuff.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ...Hoping for some balanced reply from you and not some weird reactive stuff.
    Pot. Kettle. Black.
    om mani peme hum

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Great balanced and reasoned post thanks .We need to expand out from the traditional farming and CBD is a multi billion $ industry and growing fast with increasing use and acceptance, because it works and demand is increasing rapidly .

"How is this listing even allowed....." What on earth are you on Maverick? Whats your agenda here i hope its not racist or anti cannabis or a religious nut outburst. Hoping for some balanced reply from you and not some weird reactive stuff.
    My quarrel with this type of start up company , CBD, Snakk or MOA etc is very simply that they under mine the institution of the NZSX. I don't give a rats ar*e that they are selling weed, alcohol, P or whatever so you can stand down on that concern.

BTW are you saying by racist that Maoris smoke dak? that would be racist wouldn't it? Maybe I'm maori and you mean its you`s white fellas smoking it ?

Back on topic....You've got great companies like CEN,FPH , MFT, AIR , SPK etc etc etc all in the same investing space endorsing this start up just by association.

Peat, I agree the exchange is there to secure capital that basically a bank wont forward. But in my mind this capital raised is to expand or enhance an existing up and running concern( or sell off a national asset so big that no one man can afford it alone) .
    These trendy start ups are high risk and in my view, by appearing with respected brands , seems somewhat opportunistic by coat tailing the big boys by operating on the same platform. Enabled only by the new phenomena of Sharsies.
    It makes me cross that the NZX allow what will be ultimately institutional damage of such infant businesses likely to fail into its ranks that are only currently popular because only of a trendy product offering (don't care if its craft beer, IT, or in this case "houch"). Founders / directors then gift themselves nice salary , stock options and status with all risk born out by the shareholders.

These companies are essentially just an idea that will most likely transfer wealth form the new gullible to the directors back pocket. Al via initial listing and inevitable subsequent capital raising.
    These new companies that I have umbridge with have no product and no customers. If they went to a second tier platform instead( a lower level NZSX , crowd funding or whatever) for private equity then there is no issue from me.
    To have them show up on here though on the NZSX Im saying they should have at least an existing profitable base on which to expand, that's my quarrel, not the products ( anti cannabis...just for the record JT I voted "yes "to legalizing it)
    Praise Jesus too.
    Last edited by Maverick; 23-10-2020 at 09:38 PM.

so Mav, you agree that they should be able to list and gather risk takers capital and puff it up or piss it out lol, but just not on the NZX?
    Maybe on the USX would be better suited. And that would be fair comment. But the problem is NZ is too small and just cant sustain multiple boards. And I totally agree that this is high risk stuff. Hence my avoidance and posting about its lack of concrete , but just because it doesnt make a profit is not a good reason to starve it of capital , think Xero or plenty of others.

Yes there is veneer of authenticity provided by listing on the NZX, and I suspect you are just trying to protect the gullible, and thats honourable enough. Pehaps NZX need to up their disclaimer levels same as USX.

But no I dont really believe that. Disclaimers are naff. Worse than diversification ;+)

The risk curve has moved and this is all part of it. Just look at those smart investors who invested in this IPO at 50c
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Don't typically rate much of the NZ Herald's "journalism", however this (paywalled) article is pretty apt...

Cowboy cannabis crowdfunding: Reining in weed's Wild West (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...N7ZUPPFIYQSXY/).

Cowboys is a friendly moniker in my view.