sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pmy

Default Pmy

Sold my IVR Friday. No sooner and silver rallies $1.25. Think I have made a mistake so put in order for PMY. Suprised it got filled today.
    Last edited by zero; 12-10-2020 at 04:36 PM.

Since selling out of IVR they have performed quite well, 30% up on what I sold for.. PMY have mainly been 5% to 10% under my purchase price. But I am satisfied with the move, in my opinion PMY has a bit more substance than IVR. Both are drilling and that might lead to a rerating of both or either. I imagine technically IVR is the clear winner in share appreciation. But on fundamentals the impression I have is that PMY is better and I think it has a bit less risk in holding. I go a little crazy from all the posts I read by silver bulls. December is another comex delivery month. We should hear about Bidens stimulis plans in the next few months. If things come to a head in the South China sea/Taiwan that should become apparent in a little while. So I keep on holding and will review the situation in a few months. At the moment I am all in on PMY except for around 20% cash. There are some biotechs I would like to purchase in the next 3 to 6 months but at the moment with what is going on in the world my focus is silver.

Out look for silver, or at least discussion of supply and demand in 2020. https://www.numismaticnews.net/artic...ortage-in-2020

"The forecasted combined net result of physical supply and demand is a 2020 surplus of 31.5 million ounces. However, that figure is not the bottom line. In 2020, it looks like net investment in exchange-traded products (especially exchange-traded funds like SLV) will reach 350 million ounces. When you factor in this demand, which is touted as physical demand, but may be largely on paper), the net silver shortage for 2020 could be 318.50 million ounces!

If accurate, this would, by far be the largest ever annual shortage of silver supply versus demand!

As calculated by market analyst CPM Group, the previous largest annual silver shortages, from 1991 to 2000, ranged from 111 million to 196 million ounces. The shortage in 2020 far exceeds those levels".
    Last edited by zero; 25-11-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Pacifico to change name to Boab, not sure about ticker. New name to reflect greeness (battery metals) and the north west Australian location of Sorby hills, the boab being a tree native to those parts. Having a one to 25 share consolidation.

The share price is languising, dipping down to 1.6 cents currently, but possible share catalysts over the next 12 months are.

1. The oft predicted rerating of silver as a monetary metal due to economic upheaval from stimulis, quantitive easing etc....
    2. Rising demand for lead and silver in industrial uses (electric cars, solar panels etc..).
    3. DFS due out toward end of 2021. Final decision to mine then.
    4. Had around $15m in cash to put toward drilling and proving up resource. Should be getting assays over the next few months for round 4 which has been completed. Round 5 to start 2nd quarter of 2021. These drilling programs will increase the resource (some say up it by 50%) and revised figures will enhance economics of DFS. From memory the PFS considered a mine with 1.5 million tonnes through put, conjecture that could double to 3 million tonnes.
    5. Possibly a take over target, currently undervalued for its economic potential. Lots of mining companies raking in the cash presently. Project largely derisked. Fortesque FMG, have applied for the tennaments surrounding Sorby Hills apparently (some what puzzling?).
    6. PMY own 75% of project, a chinese company the balance. PMY to finance 75% of construction costs. Being evaluated for NAIT funding (some sort of Government body to aid development), already qualified for preliminary stages of approval, will get the final assessment with the DFS.

Negatives? If the equity markets take a dive will follow the herd. If some one develops a substitute for lead batteries could be dire, it is primarily a lead mine at current prices. Shouldnt need to go to market for funds for a while but you never know. Might need some new capital to fund development depending on how generous NAIT is (share dilution). Economic armageddon?

No investment is with out risk but I think PMY has a reasonably positive outlook over the next few years, could be volatility but currently shares are cheap for the investment potential.

In hind sight was a mistake to trade my IVR for PMY when I did. Still lots of noise about good prospects for silver. I don't understand the comex so not confident of the rumours it is in trouble and the shorts will soon be squeezed. But I understand the following.
    http://www.321gold.com/editorials/ha...ton122420.html

"The bottom line is silver investors have proven remarkably resolute since this metal's parabolic peak in early August. The dominant SLV silver ETF's bullion holdings, which are the best daily proxy for global silver investment demand, have held near highs in recent months. That was despite a silver correction following an unprecedented vertical soaring in SLV's holdings, driven by record capital inflows from stock traders.

The fact silver investors haven't unwound the great majority of their huge summer buying implies they still expect this silver bull to keep running higher. That makes sense with silver being a tiny global market in a vast deluge of new central-bank liquidity. With lots more capital competing for roughly the same amounts of aboveground silver, great upside potential remains. The better silver miners' stocks will amplify silver's gains".
    Last edited by zero; 26-12-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Guru

53 competition entries - still time for the 2021 competition - go pmy
    Be aware of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    that not forbidden is mandatory.
    Anyone but o'brien

Sorry Wiz, have trouble finding one winner yet alone 5, will be watching.

Well the newly named and consolidated Boab (formerly PMY), BML is dull so far this year. Last July I decided to stop following the market for 2 months and IVR promptly took off. Think I will repeat that trick. But I am not at all confident it will have a similar result. The markets could crash and I would assume even the miners will be hit in a general retrace. I would then hope for a recovery. Seems there is not much choice, sell or stay the course.