sharetrader
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
    imo retail will struggle over the next few years as costs rise significantly (min wage to $20 in 2021 and higher each year, new public holiday, double sick leave entitlement, fair pay agreements etc.), consumer wallets become tighter for anything other than housing, and the retail purchasing methodology changes significantly post covid.
    restaurant brands should continue to coin it. All the fat people voted for l.

CO2. Tracking NZ Carbon Units.

Advanced Member

Banks,estate agents, motel owners & current property owners.Current policy settings and lack of ability to build any meaningful housing supply is pushing up prices at an unbelievable rate. They called it a "housing crisis" 3 years ago , if this keeps going it's going to get ugly.

Getting rid of the greens has got to help New Talisman Mines surely?

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Getting rid of the greens has got to help New Talisman Mines surely?
    Nothing will help Talisman Mines

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    I wonder if the Govt are going to consider a Helicopter payout to All NZ's...
    Why should they consider doing that?

Boost spending and economy. They were considering it and last I heard was still on the table...

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    don’t discount the positive effect of low interest rates on household spending.
    Very true. With an average mortgage of $400K two years ago at 4.5% now at 2.5% that's more than $150 per week extra in people's pockets.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Very true. With an average mortgage of $400K two years ago at 4.5% now at 2.5% that's more than $150 per week extra in people's pockets.
    Not that simple. The 400k of two years ago is nearer 350k now on new purchases as a result of the lower interest rate.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Hi Beagle , the example you quote I believe is assuming Interest only . Most households will be on P&I. So the figures will be as follows . ( Still a good saving)
    $ 400 K , I/O 4.5 % Weekly payment $ 346.15 :2.5 % : $ 192.31 saving $ 153.84
    $ 400K , P&I 4.5 % weekly payment $ 467.39: 2.5 % : $ 364.53 saving $ 102.86