sharetrader
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    As I've said elsewhere we got the lesser evil with Cindy being able to govern alone, besides how is the truth bagging the PM, she will be off to the UN in due course. PS-40% of voters is still a big minority.
    You too are speculating, she is very popular (even more so than Key) its a fact, move on. As for her future - who knows, you for sure don't!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You too are speculating, she is very popular (even more so than Key) its a fact, move on. As for her future - who knows, you for sure don't!
    You been drinking again?

Stick to the topic of the thread,it's not an opportunity to vent, that's what Facebook is for.
    Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Whats wrong with skilled workers from china...india or overseas...at least they show up to work..no bull****s....while our own kind...happy to stay home and don't want to go back to work because the labour will pay everything....

Banned

Two words....piss off!

Uncle Peter is out parliament ..so don't need another peter to boss around here.
    Last edited by King1212; 20-10-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Is anyone prepared to Speculate National "threw" the election, knowing the economy is precarious?

Anyone remember Winston's speech, 3 yrs ago, when the coalition was announced, that if the economy implodes, dont blame us?

Now we are 3 yrs on, risk level more elevated?
    I don't believe for a second they threw it. However, the conspiracist in me wonders if Nationals words around repealing the RMA was bait to lure Labour into a potentially failing position. Now we all know what a phaff the RMA is and how many vested interests there are in it. It will be interesting to see hows this plays out. We can see what a difference removing resource constraints made to Christchurch housing post earthquake (along with wresting away control of the district plan from the CCC).

I think THL will be a good one. Billions about to be thrown globally into rebuilding tourism...

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    don’t discount the positive effect of low interest rates on household spending.
    Yes, they're likely to have more money in the pocket. I also do wonder how much that will be eaten away by price rises due to min wage increases, freight etc.

From a personal perspective in retail, we've had notification of some items increasing 120% due to them being made of the same plastic that is now being used for masks. Others are increasing 20%-60% depending on the size/wholesale cost etc.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 20-10-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You been drinking again?
    Just because you didn't like my comment do need for an embarrassing response (Balance would be proud of your response though)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Just because you didn't like my comment do need for an embarrassing response (Balance would be proud of your response though)
    Whose meant to be embarrassed, you or me?

Back on topic I have been thinking about this question and I think Turners will materially benefit.
    Increases in wages, benefits and the minimum hourly rate would appear to benefit the typical Turners customer, (if there is such a thing as a typical customer).
    More people will be able to afford cars and those that have them will be more able to afford the repayments.
    In addition I think the covid safety trend towards personal transportation, (as opposed to public transport) will be enduring.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine