sharetrader
Page 308 of 1429 FirstFirst ... 2082582983043053063073083093103113123183584088081308 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 14286
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Ask a confronting but perfectly reasonable question here, and I get accused of being a racist and worse.

How is NZ as a country to tackle wealth & wellbeing disparities if no one is allowed to ask the hard questions?

Ever wonder why?
    There's a way to ask confronting but perfectly reasonable questions, that engage the audience and invites constructive discussion without recrimination. Then there is the ****ing in your face approach that alienates supporters who don't want to associate with the added rhetoric, then it's left to the devotees to slug it out in the gutter ad infinitum, achieving nothing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Really? Having an “awareness of social responsibility” is not a prerequisite for being a Christian. Although there are Christians with such an awareness. Indeed there are some Christians who act in a socially responsible way too.
    Christians made women second tier for thousands of years.

Arranged marriages, becoming birth machines, far less economic independence.

Ask a confronting but perfectly reasonable question here, and I get accused of being a racist and worse.

How is NZ as a country to tackle wealth & wellbeing disparities if no one is allowed to ask the hard questions?

Ever wonder why?
    Nothing "reasonable" about making broad racist statements. The word you are looking for is "revolting".

While it is absolutely ok and sensible to point out mistakes and faults of an individuum to give them a chance to improve ... it is just disgusting and wrong to tarnish a whole group of people for the flaws some of their members (as well as many other humans not belonging to this group) might have, particularly if the group members have absolutely no chance to do anything about their membership to this group. People might be able to change e.g. their membership to a religious or e.g. a criminal organisation, but nobody can change their race.

If I say white people are racist, than this would be a racist (as well as wrong) statement and does not help anybody to improve.

If I say some white people are racist, than this is clearly true, but it is as well true for most other races I am aware of. Some humans unfortunately are racists. Still - this hardly helps anybody to improve.

If I say however that you are making racist statements, than this is true (as we all can see above), and it might help you to to learn and improve. Lets hope it does.

I remember times when some of your contributions helped to improve the forum and the dialogue ... any chance we could go back to these times?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 23-09-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

The Government has announced the interim boards of Health New Zealand and the new separatist Māori Health Authority.

separatist
    /ˈsɛp(ə)rətɪst/
    noun
    a person who supports the separation of a particular group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...bers-announced
    New Health New Zealand and Maori Health Authority board members announced
    Bridie Witton
    08:39, Sep 23 2021

The Government has announced the interim boards of Health New Zealand and the Māori Health Authority.

The Government announced it would abolish all 20 District Health Boards and create a single health organisation, in a sweeping plan to centralise New Zealand’s fragmented healthcare system and end the “postcode lottery” of care, in November.

The interim board will members will help create the structure of the new entities with the new system to start on July 1.

Guru

The wokester in charge at Te Pūtea Matua in full flow -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1xxzMz1bLo

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    The Government has announced the interim boards of Health New Zealand and the new separatist Māori Health Authority.

separatist
    /ˈsɛp(ə)rətɪst/
    noun
    a person who supports the separation of a particular group of people from a larger body on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or gender.

Bridie Witton

The Government has announced the interim boards of Health New Zealand and the Māori Health Authority.

The Government announced it would abolish all 20 District Health Boards and create a single health organisation, in a sweeping plan to centralise New Zealand’s fragmented healthcare system and end the “postcode lottery” of care, in November.

The interim board will members will help create the structure of the new entities with the new system to start on July 1.
    Well, lets face it - it was a Labour government (Helen Clark) introducing 20 years ago the wasteful and inefficient system of 20 independent district health boards running 20 different health systems in little NZ. An incredible waste of everybody's time, money and resources. Reinventing the wheels 20 times over instead of using our tax payer money for something which would be beneficial.

Our current system is clearly broken - so, we can't blame the government to try to fix it, can we?

However - not holding my breath that the outcome of the new system will be any better, looking at the achievements of the current government in delivering anything. Delivery is unfortunately not one of their strengths ...
    ----

Guru

separatist
    /ˈsɛp(ə)rətɪst/
    noun

Bridie Witton

In the long term streamlining the delivery of healthcare may be more effective than the current establishment. However is now the right time - during the pandemic where resources could be spent rather on increasing our pitiful ICU capacity and purchasing treatments. Otherwise it seems to be a case of rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

The bare bones state of the Health system will require NZ to either have a higher vaccination level than many other OECD countries, or to continue imposing lockdowns.

After the reorganisation, there will still need to be a boost in funding. Elective procedures will have fallen further behind, on top of their usual rationing. As Ardern has ruled out a general CGT, that tax burden will fall on income earners and GST. Will a higher trust tax rate, inheritance or estate duty be contemplated?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 23-09-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: GST

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nothing "reasonable" about making broad racist statements. The word you are looking for is "revolting".

While it is absolutely ok and sensible to point out mistakes and faults of an individuum to give them a chance to improve ... it is just disgusting and wrong to tarnish a whole group of people for the flaws some of their members (as well as many other humans not belonging to this group) might have, particularly if the group members have absolutely no chance to do anything about their membership to this group. People might be able to change e.g. their membership to a religious or e.g. a criminal organisation, but nobody can change their race.

If I say white people are racist, than this would be a racist (as well as wrong) statement and does not help anybody to improve.

If I say some white people are racist, than this is clearly true, but it is as well true for most other races I am aware of. Some humans unfortunately are racists. Still - this hardly helps anybody to improve.

If I say however that you are making racist statements, than this is true (as we all can see above), and it might help you to to learn and improve. Lets hope it does.

I remember times when some of your contributions helped to improve the forum and the dialogue ... any chance we could go back to these times?
    I do not set the tone - Cindy, her government & the Maori politicians do. Everything they do now is race based and racist to the core.

Latest is that it does not matter if NZ reaches 90% vaccination rate with everyone doing their part - Maoris must be vaccinated to 90% before NZers can enjoy freedom other countries are starting to enjoy with 80% vaccination rate.

So we are all to be held hostage to the backwardness & unwillingness of a minority of Maori to get vaccinated?

What kind of fxxk up racist government have NZ got?

Do not attempt to preach to me, BP - you will lose yourself in confusion every time because you have a racist government in power.
    Last edited by Balance; 23-09-2021 at 09:07 AM.

I do not set the tone - Cindy, her government & the Maori politicians do. Everything they do now is race based and racist to the core.

Latest is that it does not matter if NZ reaches 90% vaccination rate with everyone doing their part - Maoris must be vaccinated to 90% before NZers can enjoy freedom other countries are starting to enjoy with 80% vaccination rate.

So we are all to be held hostage to the backwardness & unwillingness of a minority of Maori to get vaccinated?

What kind of fxxk up racist government have NZ got?

Do not attempt to preach to me, BP - you will lose yourself in confusion every time because you have a racist government in power.
    I do agree that a number of current government policies and actions are race based. In some cases this might be justified in trying to remedy some wrongs from the past, sometimes it probably is not - but in any case it is unhelpful.

I agree as well that some of this governments actions clearly demonstrated a mix out of racism and xenophobie, which is highly regrettable.

However - even if our government is behaving racist, this does not justify you or anybody else to make plain racist statements against a group of fellow citizens, does it? If it is the government behaving wrong, than flog them and not some innocent bystanders.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 23-09-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    ----

Dilettante

separatist
    /ˈsɛp(ə)rətɪst/
    noun

Bridie Witton

One of the newly appointed Directors said on radio this morning that the main task is to "listen to, care for and prioritising the voice of whanau" . This includes maori having a veto power over any health system decisions. This has gone way too far