sharetrader
Page 108 of 1432 FirstFirst ... 858981041051061071081091101111121181582086081108 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 14320
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post

1) No person is allowed to search for employment. Ie the Cdn that is gaining employing in the US must ONLY be done so by invitation by the US employer and like any visa. Not go and visit the US and hand out a bunch of resumes trying to find the right job.
    Canada has tightened up on migration of Americans recently particuarly those who have little to offer their country too.

When you're dealing americans it has become a necessity to introduce "a character test" or tighten up more.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 19-05-2021 at 03:23 AM.

The visa is given at border upon arrival is the biggest distinction (no prior arrangement required) which is basically... a free ticket to going to Australia from NZ. You just say you're looking for employment and they rubber stamp you with the visa (at least this is how this was described by my cousins who left to Aus over 10 or 15 years ago).
    There is still a character test which can and has tripped up New Zealanders attempting to enter, now that sharing of criminal history between the two countries is undertaken, plus the additional eligibility restrictions. There is also no path of citizenship under this visa (similar to what was applicable to NAFTA).

Hold on there about your NAFTA statement. They are entirely different to what we have with NZ & Australia:
    As I mentioned there are similarities, but they are not the same. I was tempted to cite WHP visas given their open employer and temporary status, but given other restrictions I am not sure they form an appropriate comparison.

Remember too that the SCV subsection 444 visa with Australia, like NAFTA, was also borne from commercial trade with Australia under CER (although the current SCV incarnation of the right to work did not exist until the mid 1990's) where New Zealanders were classified as exempt non-citizens.

I am not sure what the current USMCA terms are for employment, but are probably much more restrictive and overall a dogs breakfast.

The issue with Tarrent, as in his manifest, citing that NZ was an easy place for him to move over and obtain firearms. It may be highly probably that if NZ / Aus didn't have open borders, then at best he may of only come to NZ as a tourist. Just look over in the US/Canada and see how many cases of foreign visitors obtaining firearms and shooting people up? What i'm getting at is the 1st line of defense is not at the firearms licensing level but at the border security.
    If he wished to commit an atrocity in Australia as a citizen or NZ as a tourist, he would no doubt have been able to gain the resources to do so through a network of people in each respective country with similar ideals. IMO it would be overkill to remove the ability for New Zealanders and Australians to work in each other's country based on this specific incident, when other methods of filtering such people could be undertaken.

There is an undercurrent to removing the right to work, particularly for New Zealanders in Australia. It was not a hot topic when I worked in Australia full time, but it has now gained some momentum.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 19-05-2021 at 07:31 AM.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/cri...-keep-him-safe

$1,300 a week for emergency room in a motel, no follow up by any state service providers and murder was committed.

This is how this government is spending freely & recklessly to be seen to try & overcome homelessness & child poverty.
    Last edited by Balance; 19-05-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Budget day ...we are blessed that the economy is doing a lot better than expected and that Grant can throw a few more zillion around.

I don’t there will be much in the budget for me personally ...that’s being selfish ...but the country will be a lot better off and that’s important
    Last edited by winner69; 20-05-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Budget day ...we are blessed that the economy is doing a lot better than expected and that Grant can throw a few more zillion around.

I don’t there will be much in the budget for me personally ...that’s being selfish ...but the country will be a lot better off and that’s important
    Good for real estate investors to see an inflationary budget. A bit of a bonus after being taxed on their mortgage interest payments. As Nino Culloto wrote way back 'Theyre a weird mob'.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 20-05-2021 at 02:21 PM.

A ‘throw money’ at breeding beneficiaries & dependents budget from Clueless Cindy as expected.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-05-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Guru

Westpac NZ is looking for a buyer -- would be nice to see a lowball offer from the govt, 51% like the power companies.

Stops it going from falling into Chinese hands who may be the only buyers for it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    A ‘throw money’ at breeding beneficiaries & dependents budget as expected.
    Tens of billions lower debt than expected.

NZX up already on these world leading set of results.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-05-2021 at 03:50 PM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/budget...WABL3PQL6YO6M/

$100,000 per child - that’s how clueless Cindy is about lifting children out of poverty.

To be expected from a woman whose only claim to business experience is working in a greasy fish & chips shop.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-05-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Advanced Member

A budget of global proportions.

The price of Gold has increased by US$9 since he delivered it...